Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Thumb 4 & Pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by biergott, Dec 13, 2002.

1. biergott

biergott DuBistEineKartoffelnsalad kopf

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    I tried posting this in pickups and haven't gotten a response so I'll try here.

It seems like everyone is in consesus that the MEC's suck. I want to replace the electronics (since I can't afford a new bass, haven't had a problem with neck dive, and like the overall feel of the neck)

Does anyone have any recommendations? It seems like I should get some responses since everyone hates the MEC's someone must have tried something else.

Prices and Model numbers will help me as well....

Thanks to you all!!!

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    From what Ive heard through the grapevine, EMG's and Warwicks go well together (and if you use the search function in the Pickups froum, i'm sure you could find a few topics concering this matter)

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've played a couple with Basslines that sounded awesome too. And one Streamer Stage II with Barts that sounded very good.

4. mangle

mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    I m thinking about gettin a thumb....since I ve played other warwicks but not the thumb...how could you describe the sound of the thumb? I m looking for an agressive powerful sounding slapper axe...the thumb will work at it?

thanx

5. its got a low end growl to it