1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Thumb 5 BO F.S./T. (trade bait)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Jul 15, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

97 Warwick Thumb 5 BO in great condition, bubinga body, wenge neck and fretboard (better than ovangkol!!) active MEC pickups and preamp, recessed straplocks (there's some wear on the volume knob, I will replace it before I ship it) sweet sound!!! I got this bass from Señor cb56 (a great guy to deal with ;) ) I love it but I'm playing my Smith almost all the time, and I'm unloading some of my basses to get something a little better (MTD 535) as always, I'll consider trades for any 4 or 5 strings funky bass, I'm asking for $1200 shipped anywhere in the good ol' USA, feel free to PM or mail me with any question, thanks for looking.
    Danny.
    e-mail: bassguru79@yahoo.com

[​IMG]

2. Danny R.

Back :ninja:

[​IMG]

3. Danny R.

Neck :ninja:

[​IMG]

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I have the same model/year. Mine has a brass nut. I can't tell if yours is brass or other.

This is a good deal on a nice bass. They take some getting used to (playing-wise) but the tone is killer.

Good luck.

5. Danny R.

Hey Zulu, thanks for the bump ;) mine has the adjust-a-nut, it's made of graphite (I believe) and yes, the tone is killer, the B string is very tight for a 34" bass.
    Bump :ninja:

6. Danny R.

bump :ninja:

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    You are bass dealign machine eh man? Hope you find someone to take this hunk of wood soon. I only wish warwick coudl put fretless thmub tone into a streamer (ok spector NS knockoff) body. :D
    BUMP!

8. Danny R.

Yeah, I love the Thumb tone, I wouldn't mind if I don't sell it, I'm trying to sell some of my basses to get something a little better, I'm tired of trading and selling basses, all I want is a cool bass to keep it for a long time (2 or 3 weeks ;) )

9. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    You have PM

10. Danny R.

PM back at you :hyper:

11. Danny R.

This nice bass now belongs to Señor Kyle (AKA Zharlon) very smooth deal, thanks
    ;)