Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Thumb 5, Opinions? what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peatroosio, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Peatroosio

Peatroosio

Apr 24, 2000
    Rigt now I have a 4-string corvette, but I've tried a Thumb 5 in a guitar shop and loved the sound and feel. I just want to hear what people have found to be the pros and cons of it from their experience. If you have any experience with it, please post what you think. The music hat i like to listen to/play is primus, 311, Rage, RHCP, and Tool.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    did you try it strapped on? that's the only reason i got rid of mine - the small body puts 1st fret very far away from you and i have pretty short arms.

otherwise - it's a great bass. i had a neck thru older one with the wenge/bubinga neck. ultimately had no other qualms with the bass - i just wanted one that balanced correctly. hence - the ss2. other than some sonic differences (not so big) there's no difference.

3. In my opinion, there are few basses that can compare to a Thumb 5 when it comes to aggressive music. If I had the money I would definitely get one.

Neck dive is the only gripe..........