warwick thumb 6 neck thru vs. tobias killer b 6 (lacewood)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Apr 4, 2001.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hi guys....just wanted you guys/gals $0.02...i've found fairly good deals on both of these basses---about $1700 each, both are used and in great condition, unfortunately, if i bought them, it would be sight unseen...with a return policy, of course--- and i was wondering what you guys thought. i have a thumb neck thru 4 string, and i've played a tobias signature fretless, but i have no experience with the killer b series. they seem pretty solid, but how do they stand up to the thumb 6? anyone?? bueller?
  2. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Neptoon, your a Warwick guy. 6 string Thumb sounds like more of a good thing. It can be the big brother
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

awwww...ain't that sweet??? good one man...
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    so, uhhhh......nobody's got a pair of pennies, huh? :rolleyes: that's ok...just wonderin'...
  5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Killer B is a good bass, but the Warwick is far and away better, IME. The Killer Bs were all made in the Gibson era, and are nowhere near par with the Signatures. I'm not a big fan of a solid Lacewood body either...its got a lot of midrange in the wood, and it's not too beautiful sounding as a whole body, imo. $1900 is a bit excessive, too.

Go with the Warwick.
  6. Just to throw my spare change in:

The B string on the Killer B that I played didn't seem to be killing much of anything. :( Decent bass otherwise (and I'm sure a proper setup and some fresh strings would've helped it.. this was at a Musicgoround), but I'd go with the Thumb.