1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick Thumb BO 5 C.S. (Masterbuilt) Bubinga/Wenge

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ryno1330, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM.

1. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Price:
    $2100
    Strings:
    For sale (no trades please) is a beautiful 2015 Custom Shop bolt on Thumb 5. I bought this bass about 3 years ago unused from a collector who purchased it new and didn't play it. No story here - this is extremely difficult to list as it's a special instrument but I just purchased my dream bass (a custom Dingwall Z3) and I made promises that I would clear out the rest of my 5 strings.

It's in excellent shape and has been babied by me (only taken out to play at church). I just oiled it again (some before and after pictures) and it's set up with a low action and new DR Pure Blues strings. I was just trying them out and they sound great but the tension is lower so the B is a little loose. I do setups and am happy to adjust prior to shipping if you don't do them and will even set up with your strings if you want to send them prior to me shipping.

Bubinga body and wenge neck and board. The neck is on the thinner side and fast. It's without a doubt the best neck I've ever played. Fyi if you're looking for the baseball bat huge necks of old this is not it. It comes with all the case candy and the bomb proof flight case. I don't have the exact weight but like all good thumbs it's not a featherweight. I'd guess around 10.5 but if it's a major issue I can probably take it to work to use a scale.

I'm asking $2,100 firm and we split actual shipping (this case is heavy!). These custom shop thumbs are $4k new so this is a great opportunity to get a really clean one. Let me know if you have any questions!

Attached Files:

2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    That may be the nicest Wenge neck I've ever seen!

Ryno1330 and rick0link like this.
  3. Electricalbass

Electricalbass

Dec 13, 2017
    NW Montana
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ryno1330 likes this.
  4. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    OMG !!!!!!... that neck !!!!! ... that is a serious beauty !!!! GLWTS!

Ryno1330 likes this.
  5. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    gorgeous.

Ryno1330 likes this.
  6. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Bass is sold!