1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Thumb BO 6 or MusicMan Bongo Stealth 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bongostealth, Aug 15, 2012.

1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello,

Which one would you prefer between these two basses:

Warwick Thumb BO 6

--or--

MusicMan Bongo Stealth 6

I'm in the market for either one of these. Having a hard time deciding. I can't afford both at once. :eyebrow:

2. BONGOOOOOO. It will be a lot cheaper! (It is here in the UK anyway).

3. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    With a user name like that how can you be having a hard time deciding? :bag:

4. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    B-B-B-Bongo.

5. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I like the warwick, its a finer instrument but the price reflects it. I have an 87 thumb 5 NT so im partial. One thing to consider , the thumb body is smaller , because of the way the bass sits some ppl who wear the bass high feel as if they have to reach farther for the lower register.

6. I own a Thumb BO 6 now, but even before that, both the Thumb BO 6 and Bongo were on among the top 4 of my wishlist. I happened to get a very good price on the Thumb so I picked it up first. The Bongo HH 6 is still on my wishlist.

7. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL! This is true! What happened was I used to own a Stealth Bongo 6 at the time I set up my account here. I ended up selling it but then regretted it. However, I also had a BO Thumb 6 that I regretted having sold. I'd like a bass that will complement my Thumb 6 NT.