SOLD Warwick Thumb BO Ovangkol, Wenge neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Delsan, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Price:
    Strings:
    3FE76CAC-C4F7-4EC4-8A8C-DADE4771666D.jpeg Warwick Bolt On Ovangkol Thumb 1999

I’m questing for a particular bass atm. So I’m open to trades but I’m not really gung ho on most offers. I’ll say now, no Fenders or Fender facsimiles (Lakland, GL, etc.). Stingrays will be considered.

This bass is punchy and aggressive, with a lot of nuanced low-mid power. It uses MEC stock electronics, and is in extremely good condition. The neck is made from Wenge, and is extremely comfortable and fast to play on. The bass is highly responsive.

It has a Just a Nut ii which is in impeccable condition (won't need to be replaced). It has a unique type of straplock system (second hand), and comes with a strap included.

The Thumb is a very unique instrument and has a distinctive growl and harmonic resonance.

Message me with any questions!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    clcotro, JMPGuitars and byoung93888 like this.
  2. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Albany NY
    Love the Thumbs. Had this -Sold this, regretted it and recently bought another and its staying now! Tried many others (Infinity-FNA JazzMan-Corvette) and this simple J-J just crushes. Fastest neck of em all and the weight is so very nice (especially compared to the Bubinga Corvette-yikes). Its an absolute standard now IMO..Funky groovy growly ponky! GLWTS~

Delsan likes this.
  3. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Price reduction!

4. Any interest in MTD Kingston stuff? Got a 5'er and a 6.

5. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    No thanks

Systolic likes this.
  6. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Will consider trades for a EBMM Stingray (particularly 5s)

7. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Case or gig bag?

8. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Warwick brand gig bag

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 20, 2021