1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Thumb BO tuner upgrade question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Aug 8, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Hey TBer's,

I have a Warwick Thumb Bolt on that I have been playing for the last 10 years and I want to put a drop D tuner on my bass. I was also thinking about switching out all the tuners with lighter one. I have been looking at the Hipshot Ultralite or the Gotoh. I just need one Drop D tuner for the E, but would like to go with three other. Does the Gotoh offer Drop D tuning system like the Hipshot? I would hate to have my bass have 1 different looking tuner type. As far as I have seen the Gotoh and the Hipshot look very different in design of their machine head. Let me know if you guys have ever done this to you Warwick.

Thanks,

-Adam

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'd go with all Ultralites for that situation personally. I'm not sure if Gotoh has a detuner or not, but it's tough to go wrong with the Hipshot stuff.

3. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Do you know if they will fit my bass? I have heard that there are some issues with spacing of the xtender (detuner).

-Adam