Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Thumb Bolt Fretless Electric Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Milner, Mar 9, 2014.

1. I am looking at purchasing a used Warwick fretless bass. I am unfamiliar with the relative value of one of these instruments. The one I am looking at is approx $1600. What should I expect to pay for an instrument like this? Thanks for your input.

2. LakeEffect

LakeEffect

Feb 21, 2013
    Denver
    Seems a little steep for a bolt-on. Do you know what wood the neck is made of?

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day!

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
    It might be worth mentioning that I have a Warwick Streamer Pro M 5 fretless (lined) for sale for less than that- very similar in that it is a german made 'wick but has a subtle variation of the j/j concept. Also much better balance than a Thumb.

5 string fretless 'wicks aren't east to come by!

5. One piece ovangkol.

6. Thanks, but I only want a 4 string, and an unlined fingerboard.

7. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day!

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
    good luck in your search- a fretless thumb will give you a great sound. I'm really loving the construction of my bass and integrity of the wood- just feel that the electronics/single pickup location are bit constraining.

I feel the that an active system with no bypass does not do a bass of the ilk justice!

8. hairscrambled

hairscrambled Commercial User

Feb 1, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM
    Disclosures:
    Store owner, Grandma's Music & Sound
    I took one of those on trade at my shop a few years back. I should have hung on to it. Nice bass.