1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Warwick Thumb Fretless from 1991 cheap mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by trujo777, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AS PROMISED.....
    I also have this Fretless Thumb NT from 1991 too. It has Wenge and bubinga neck and wenge fretboard and is Neck-through construction and also 2 band eq.

For sale primarily but will also contemplate a trade for Pedulla, Warrior or an Ernie Ball Music Man plus cash, Marcus Miller 5, or another interesting Warwick

asking for the NT $1450 also might do a trade but depends. it still has the grooves for the frets so you can get some Warwick brass fretwire and refret it if you want.

enjoy the pics. this is also without any scratches anywhere on the bass. beautiful golden hardware. If you want more let me know and I will email them to you of either one.

here is the rare Fretless Thumb BO with Thumb NT woods: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7283585#post7283585

2. more pics

3. a few more

4. I forgot to add that this bass has EMG active pick ups and possibly Bartolini or EMG electronics since they seem not to be MECs but it has better lows than the Thumbs I have played with MECs before. Seems that the EMGs were original and i have seen that in some older basses. Witht he EMGs it sounds amazing and feels awesome.

5. So was this a conversion then? If so, how were the fret grooves filled in and can you actually see where they were?

Thanks.

6. apparently they used wood putty that will be easily remodev with a pin or a pointy tool. the fretboard was stained but not recovered by poly or anything like that so it could be refretted easily. yes you can see and still feel ALL the grooves where the frets were so it can be refretted easily. originally was fretted but was defretted but can be refretted again easily.
    sounds amazing like it is and will sound great too fretted.

7. my other fretless Thumb is gone. i still have this one of this thread. anybody?

8. i have a pedulla pentabuzz for trade? eh? My PM is full so email me?

9. did you get my email?

10. bump

11. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I have a pedulla buzz I would consider trading

PM you

Tom

12. pm responded ;)

13. bump

14. I think this bass is pretty much gone now.

15. bass is gone now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.