1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Thumb NT 6 string, mint condition, with upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Spfairchild, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Updated price!

$2,300 with OBP-3 preamp and Ultralite tuners, $2,200 with MEC preamp and standard tuners, shipping not included.

I bought this Warwick only about 8 months ago and found it to be in what I consider to be mint condition, and have put very, very few miles on it since. It has perfect frets with hardly any discernible wear, the fretboard itself is in great shape (although at some point someone took some steel wool to it, it looks like, wiping in the direction of the frets), the body and neck are immaculate, and the body is made from one of the nicest pieces of Bubinga I’ve ever seen – especially on the back! Check out that figuring! What a pretty wood.

It balances better than Thumb Bolt-Ons, in my opinion. I have also added ultra lite tuners to the headstock, which help the purported neck dive a lot. I have also installed black Schaller straplocks on the bass. In addition to that, I have purchased and installed a Warwick Just-A-Nut III, which is a marked improvement over the standard nut from this year, the Just-A-Nut II. To round out the upgrades, the bass currently has an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp installed. I have also purchased and wired in a black on-on DPDT switch for the mids, but as I didn’t want to alter the bass structurally just yet, I didn’t install the switch into the body of the bass – it’s just hanging out in the electronics compartment. I found that I only wanted the switch at the 800hz position anyway.

You can choose to go with the MEC or Aggie preamps, but not independently of the tuners – I’ll offer the Aggie preamp and light weight tuners as an option for $100 more, without both for $100 less.

I’ll accept Paypal, money orders, or bank transfer. I will ship it to wherever you would like it shipped to, provided you are willing to pay the shipping costs.

You can see and hear this bass here!!
    Warwick Bass Comparison: Streamer Stage I and II and Thumb NT - YouTube
    Warwick Bass Comparison: Streamer Stage I and II and Thumb NT part 2 - YouTube

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll be happy to answer them. Thank you!

2. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Forgot to specify - this is strictly for sale; no trade offers, please. Unless you have a Jerzy Drozd 6 string that you're looking to unload. Thanks!

3. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I know this is a NT, but is this a broad-neck or standard neck? From the pictures it looks like that standard-spaced neck.

4. bongostealth

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    BUMP for an awesome Warwick! The Thumb has always been my favorite Warwick bass! I can't get enough of how cool they are, at least for me. I have a BO but am looking to get a NT. I hope you still have this a week from now.

5. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    This is a standard neck - much more comfortable and manageable in my opinion. Lighter, also. I had a Streamer Stage I 6 string that I had to sell, due to the ridiculously wide neck!

I also neglected to mention in the posting that it comes with a nice Warwick gig bag!

6. bongostealth

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    PM sent.

7. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Hong Kong
    nice!!

8. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Bump, and PMs replied :)

9. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Bump, and price drop!

10. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    More PMs replied.

11. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Monday morning bump!

12. bongostealth

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    PM sent.

13. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Aaand replied.

14. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    And sold! Thanks folks, see you next time.