1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Thumb NT truss rod problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 6stringbassist, Apr 11, 2010.

1. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    This is an amazing bass. Beautiful to look at and it's the only fretless that I've played that sounds like a fretless.

I have a problem though.

I only recently bought the bass and fitted some new strings to it.
    I wanted to lower the action a bit and lose some of the neck relief. So I tried turning the truss rod and it didn't move. So I tried a little harder and it did, only it didn't, the movement was the adjusting tool slipping inside the hex truss rod adjuster. I've basically stripped the inside of the adjuster so it won't now tighten. I tried turning it the other way and losening it, and managed that. I can't now retighten it, so I have way too much relief.

I've since read that Warwick necks are very stiff, and I should have done the adjustment a little bit at a time. Maybe pulling the neck back slightly at the same time to ease the rod into a new position.

I'm told that it's not a major problem, but I'm really concerned that it is.

Does the hex bit come seperate to the truss rod ?

Can I get another one ?

If so where from ?