1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Warwick Thumb NT5 1998

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chauncy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Chauncy

Chauncy Gold Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2012
    NJ "Southern Half"
    Price:
    Strings:
    I received this one on a trade recently and it needed some work. All of the following items are new purchased direct from Warwick Germany and a Warwick US dealer (total cost of all parts $1,118)
    - Truss rod
    - Pickups, jack & preamp 2 band (volume, balance, B/T stack) active/passive
    - Chrome hardware: Tuners, 2 piece bridge (bridge is brass/chrome), knobs.

Included will be the original black 2 piece bridge and the black strap locks.

Note: the volume knob is gold. I thought I had an extra chrome knob but they were all the smaller stack knobs. Will ship in the hard case it came in (an old Yamaha case).

Weight: 10lbs 13.6oz

IMG_5137.JPG IMG_5138.JPG IMG_5139.JPG IMG_5140.JPG IMG_5143.JPG IMG_5144.JPG IMG_5145.JPG

Some more notes about why I replaced the parts:
    - Truss Rod: The original truss rod seemed to be maxed out so I removed it and discovered it had been over tightened and was broken at the nut area (see pictures). If you are not familiar with Warwick truss rods, this particular type slides right out for replacing.
    Broken area:
    IMG_5148.JPG

Example of what the full rod looks like:
    rod.

- Tuners: The small screw holes on the back of the headstock were either over-drilled or just too big from incorrect screws. I had to do the toothpick shim thing to get the little screws to bite.
    - Preamp & pickups: Nothing worked when I got this bass and I tried several things and finally just said the hell with it and replaced everything.

Paypal is ok.
    Shipping included in CONUS.
    Asking $1,500
    Not interested in trades at this time.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    dorej, Viggo51, Yogi Bear and 3 others like this.