warwick thumb PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oldirtybassist, Jan 15, 2002.

1. i just bought a thumb bolt on. on the middle nob, the pick up mix, if i turn it vlockwise, the volume decreases significantly. i just put in a new battery . whats up?
  2. If the Thumb B.O. is set up like the Corvette, which I believe it is, the middle knob is the p'up volume control. If you turn it all the way clockwise you only have the neck p'up working. If you are losing too much volume you might have a bad p'up. If you turn it counter-clockwise you should lose about the same amount of volume.
  3. Maybe you are not losing volume but maybe you are losing BEEF.

The rear pickup will cut more with its bright tone but probally won't shake the house like the front pickup.
  4. Really good point, that is what happens with my Corvette, you lose the thickness, not the volume.
  5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    If you JUST bought it, what's wrong with bringing it back into the shop to have the tech check it out?

You may very well have a problem. When I switch from the neck to bridge, I do get a tighter waved tone, but I wouldn't say the volume drops out. Have someone take a look.
    Good luck.
  6. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    From the players perspective clockwise means selecting neck pup only.
  7. lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    could be that the pickup height is lower on one of the pickups ?!?!
  8. hey, i figured it out.. i went home, and played it on my kustom 30 watt amp thats set dif. than theo one i practise with, and it didnt cut the volume. thanks anyways, gonna go mess with the amp.