1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warwick thumb set up?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dug2, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    i had my thumb bass set up at gc about 2 1/2 months ago. i was pretty pleased with the dudes work and the action was better. it seems as of late that its back to where the action was before? is this something thats common to sum basses? im thinkin about having the set up done again, as i do not know wat im doin with adjustments myself. any thoughts on this? thanks guys/gals

(dr med ga. neons)

2. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    With changes in the temperature and humidity as seasons change, the truss rod sometimes needs adjusting. I'd recommend learning how to set up your bass yourself, adjusting the action, trussrod, and intonation is really quite simple and just takes a little practice.

3. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    i would love to learn how! where on the web can i go for such info? youtube?

4. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Probably. I'm sure there is some useful information somewhere in the stickies as well. I learned when I worked at a music store, so I don't have any good links for you, but I'm sure some other folks will chime in.

5. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Should be in your Warwick user manual, or you can find the info online.

Warwick Basses Amps & Rock'n Roll

6. Here ya go.....he is Lakland's head luthier, Carl Pedigo and is in Chicago:

Part 1 of 2
    Lakland Bass Setup With Carl Pedigo (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Part 2:
    Lakland Bass Setup With Carl Pedigo (Part 2 of 2) - YouTube

And the PDF file is Jerzy Drozd Ultimate Guide:
    http://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/akcndfr54jdhrei567/Ultimate_Guide_ver100.pdf

Carl Pedigo is: carl@chicagobassdoctor.com

Since u r in Chicago, you have the option of having Carl do setups for you.

Trust me though, you want to learn how to do this yourself.

Some Warwick uniqueness: two piece bridge and the just-a-nut nut adjustment. Go to the Warwic site and download their generic manual for reference on those.

7. EVERYONE should know how to do a setup on their instrument

8. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    hell yeah! thanks boys, i owe u each a beer

9. Awesome videos on the Warwick site.....I gave up looking there a long time ago so these have shown up since my last visit looking! Very nicely done.

The part that is especially great is that they've got instructions for the unique Warwick parts (bridge and nut).

Thanks for the link, 'nilla!