Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Triumph Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, Jan 2, 2002.

1. A live in Holland near the border of Germany.
    When I get in my car, I'll be in one hour in the world biggest music-shop .
    well, I was surfing on their site musik produktiv and saw that the Warwick Triumph was only 350,09 DM (that is about 156$)...well, the warwicks are compared with the USA and other coutries very cheap (I bought my F.N.A. jazzman 5 there for about 1200$ ) but is this a normal price for the warwick (or a mistake on the website)

and does somebody know this upright ??

2. If you can find a Warwick, ANY Warwick for that much, I say go for it. I couldn't find a picture, and I don't speak whatever that website was in, so I really don't knwoanything about the bass.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    seems really cheap...cos they sold for around $6k new...

but maybe there's no demand for them? i've never played one, but i've heard they're pretty nice.

jason

4. yes..it's very cheap..I am realy thinking aboutthis one !!!!
    can I just plug it in to my amp ?
    (warwick sweet 15 150W :)

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I betcha it's STRINGS. 52-116 ... 4 string ... "label"
    (warwick makes "black label" and "yellow label" strings).

$150ish fits with what I've seen for other EUB string sets.

6. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    dude,

NEVER EVER EVER buy at Musik-Produktiv!

No Service, No friendly guys, just a lot of instruments, but they aren´t caring for the instruments, they just stand around.

usually, when you buy new from MP you get a bass that is in used condition....

7. ow.. I did not know that ... I bought my amp there ..and had no troubles whatsoever...
    that's a bit strange..does that happen often or did it only happen to you once ??

8. hey Whithouse! before buying anything always check Feedback (Rotterdam/utrecht/apeldoorn but especially the shop in Rotterdam, the biggest shop in the Netherlands), they have some great prices and almost everything I wanted to buy at other shops they sold for less, check out there website http://www.feedback.nl and if you order above f300,- (I have no idea how many euro that is) they ship for free, they have great service too. But 350 dm for a Warwick is indeed very cheap so I would definately go and check it out (who cares about services with this sort of a deal?!?!?)! this is too great a deal to let it slip IMO

9. I have seen that no other shop here in Holland can match Musik-produktiv ..that's why (in case of Warwick) I always look at them first :) but I'll give feedback a try :D

10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I'd really like to see what a Warwick Triumph looks like.

11. ok;..tjek this link, search for triumph and take a good look..
    ehm..you can search under "Produktsuche:"
    (I do not know if you can read german :) )

12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Ich machte das.
    Aber, es gibt kein Bild eines Triumphs.
    Nur eine Beschreibung.
    Hast du ein irgendwo sonst gesehen?

13. dein deutsch ist gut genug, aber, ich weis nicht wo du gesucht hast, aber es gibt einen Triumph.. suche nur nach "truimph" und du sollst sehen das es einen Triumph gibt !!! ich suchte 1 minute zuruck nach einen Triumph, und ich habe einen gefunden !! :cool:

if you cannot find it ... here is the link ..
    there is no image, but I have the upright also in the Musik-Produktiv book , and if you like, I can scan the image and email it too ya..

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I tell ya, it's an ad for strings! :)

15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania

[​IMG]

16. Atze

Atze

Nov 2, 2002
    Germany, Munich
    Miller Bass Guitars
    Hey dudes,
    just checked the Musik-Produktiv page, and the only thing I can find when searching for "triumph" are bass strings indeed. Warwick stopped the production of the Triumph (the Framus remake) some time ago, but they will have a new EUB out soon. I additionally have checked my old Musik Produktiv catalogue (1997/98) for the former price of the instrument, which was about 4,700 DM (about 2,360 Euro).
    Does any of you have experiences with the Warwick Triumph? How about handling and sound? Does it sound like a real (accoustic) upright, or more like an electric fretless bass?
    Any comments will be appreciated ...
    Atze