Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Triumph

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassopotumus, Apr 1, 2004.

1. bassopotumus

bassopotumus

Mar 17, 2004
    I have looked in the newbie forums and havent found anything there, so I decided to post. Warwick just re-released this bass from what I gather and I was just wondering if any of you have gotten the exclsuive chance to play it? Hav you heard anything about this bass? It looks amazing, and it should sound as well, considering its price. Thanks in advance.

2. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I know they had this thing at NAMM so perhaps someone who attended the show (I didn't) might have played or heard it...

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Is this an upright?

Oh. If it's like any other canoe, you could get a nice real bass for what one of those costs.

Doesn't it look like an updated version of the old Framus electric upright?

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It is indeed an update of the Framus...Warwick was started by members of the family that used to own Framus. Hopefully they improved the pickup compared to the original :meh:

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.

so it prolly sounds like a big fretless bass guitar. I always like the way Eberhard Weber sounded. But ya know I heard parts of THE COLOURS OF CHLOE on the radio recently and on the cut LATER THAT AFTERNOON, he's playing a real bass.

6. bassopotumus

bassopotumus

Mar 17, 2004
    are there any EUB's that DON'T sound like big fretless electric basses? I have not seen the answer to this question anywhere, and don't go ape, b/c I did look at the Newbie section.

7. Check out the Eminence Bass.

A couple of guys here have them. I've played a couple, and to me, they sound as close to as amplified upright as you're going to get from a popsicle-shaped object.

8. bassopotumus

bassopotumus

Mar 17, 2004
    Back to the Warwick...

Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) or experience with this awesome instrument?

Any reply is accepted ;)

9. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

Any reply? :D

no sorry man no luck.... is it in stores yet?..... wait I know of one... give me a few days I'll hollar at ya.

Rudy's in NYC...... call Scott at the store, great guy, he'll fill ya in.

10. bassopotumus

bassopotumus

Mar 17, 2004
  11. Hey, this is a reply to a really old thread, but I've been playing a Triumph for the past two years & I love it! And it does play like a double bass & through the right amplification, it sounds very double bass as well. The trick is to have the pan between the bridge pickups & the magnetic neck pickup centred evenly. Sounds great to me. I regularly play mine through an SWR Goliath at a jazz club. Creamy!