1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Trujillo Pro Bass Vs Rockbass LX 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Aug 15, 2012.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Thinking of getting hold of one of these basses but not sure which one?.

I know the Trujillo Version has EMG pickups but was just wondering is there a big difference in built quality next to the Rockbass LX5? The LX5 is a lot cheaper and i could always update the pickups to EMG at a later date.

Feedback on Rockbass LX5 would be good.

What to do

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The Pro Series Robert Trujillo Signature and the Rockbass Streamer LX are quite different. The RT Pro-Series is a mid-level build, made in Korea, using different woods and construction than the Rockbass Streamer LX. The Rockbass uses the same MEC pickups and hardware as the German models, along with 2-piece body and 3-piece bolt-on maple neck with Ekanga veneer stringers. The Pro-Series Robert Trujillo signature features neck-through construction, all the same electronics and hardware as the German models, as well as being hand-built to German specifications. Both are great basses, but cannot be directly compared due their different levels of build. We completely revamped the Rockbass line in terms of build, components and quality control, and they have been getting very good reviews. The Pro-Series fits in-between the German-made basses and the Rockbass line. I hope this helps, please let me know if you've got any other questions or if I can assist in any way. Thanks!

3. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    What is the string spacing on the Korean made pro series? i Like narrow spacing. Is the Neck on these basses made to Trujillo's spec? I know he used Tobias a lot back in the day and the string are quite close on those basses.

I'm sure the Pr series Tobias i was looking at was bolt on?.

Thanks

4. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    I am currently looking for a sound review on this very bass (NT Korean 4).
    anyone have a link to one?