1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick truss rod broke and neck problems

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tomersg, May 1, 2010.

1. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    Hello
    my Warwick streamer 94 bolt on neck making me problems for long time. its bowed and several luthiers tried to fix it without success.
    i even tried to sell her some years ago, but didn't make it.
    i made her fretless (by luthier) because it was the only way to make this bass playable.
    and its played very nice for some time.
    but now the truss rod is broken.
    i don't know how it should work.
    i am little confused.
    can i buy new truss rod for that bass?
    i didn't see truss to sell at Warwick site.
    maybe another truss rod would fit?
    like this? or this?
    maybe i should search for another neck?
    maybe burn this bass and forget about it...

here some pics of the truss and the neck.

P2250001.

P2250003.

P2250007.

2. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    help anyopne?

3. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    no response here.. thats ok.
    but what is not ok, is that i sent emails with request for help which i described the problem to H.P wilfer and to other co workers at the support at Warwick and not any response at all!
    the support form at the Warwick site is not working well also.
    i am so frustrated and disappointment with this customer (un) support and ignoring.

4. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Seems like a good luthier could remove the fingerboard, replace the rod with a different one, and maybe even install some type of graphite reinforcement.?

Try posting this over at the "Luthiers Corner" forum topic. I'm sure someone there will have some advice.

5. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    I recently replaced the trussrod in a 'Wick'. Got the part from Warwick. Don't know why you are having so much trouble. All I can say is to keep trying. They were quick to respond and I had a new rod in a few days.