Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick truss rod help wanted!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Le Basseur, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Glad to see you,Pro's,at work here!
    Here's the point:a friend of mine just bought a Warwick Streamer Stage for cheap,but...the instrument has a lot of problems,due to all the creeps from the past who thought that everybody can do everything...in short,I solved succesfully most of the damage,but the last one seems strange.
    It's the damn truss rod,wich is the removable type,(and has that inverse threatening,since the instrument is built around 1990).
    The only problem is that on the other side (the one wich goes deep in the neck),the truss rod doesn't have NOTHING,no profile,nada...and I presume that's not right,because when I fitted the strings and adjusted the rod,the neck curved instead to remain straight,and,when I knocked slightly with my finger in the neck,it sounded as the rod is,somehow,balancing freely.
    Does anyone know what's happening?
    Or,at least,can you give me a hint,a website containing such details,anything?
    Thanks a lot!

2. I've generally found the Warwick folks to be very responsive to technical questions--you might fire off an email to them. Warwick even gives Rob Busch (DBGTech@danabgoods.com) as the guy to contact for technical/repair questions.

I remember the original "reverse turning" truss rod, but I don't recall ever having it rattle around in the neck. I never tried to remove mine, though, so there may be some trick to getting it back in properly--the manual doesn;t say.

Good luck!
    Mike