warwick tuning peg broke off

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Ty_Boogie, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Ty_Boogie

Ty_Boogie Bass, A way of life

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    I was tuning my B string and it went slack, I looked and the peg was hanging out of the hole. I did some reading here at "Talk Bass" and other places, it seems to be almost common, shame on Warwick.

As suggested, I've been trying to get a Hipshot 5 string set, no luck, Musicians friend sells a in-line 4 piece set, I can get a single from Hipshot's site, also I don't know if I need a 3/8 or 1/2

Any other helpful info, will be very much appreciated

Warwick Corvette Standard, made in Germany

Lucky me, it was the B string and I can still play it as a 4 string

2. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Ty_Boogie and Zooberwerx like this.
  3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I would just swap the whole headstock out for Hipshot UL's 3/8". These are, technically, not Warwick-manufactured tuners...just re-branded Gotoh GB-7's or knock-offs. FWIW, the open-gear UL's will look a whole lot better.

Riis

Ty_Boogie likes this.
  4. Ty_Boogie

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Thanx!!!!! ill check it out later

5. Ty_Boogie

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Thank you, thats what I wanted to do, all 5, before another one broke.... still 4 stringing for now :)

6. Ty_Boogie

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    just checked it out, and it asks for orientation, I need 5, 3 bass side, 2 treble side. $18.49 US, thanx again.
    this is the official one, not the licensed one. I'll order in a week or so.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Fantastic. And just as info, the USA Hipshots are reversible so you can use them either way. The licensed versions are not.

Ty_Boogie likes this.
  8. Ty_Boogie

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    for $5 more they come in shinny nickel, more the originals? opinion? anyone, everyone...
    $18.49 each chrome, $23.49 Nickel. pictures can be off, the Chrome looks really flat in color. the lesser price and same great quality is good for me

9. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    It's a one time expense, if your present tuners are chrome then the lesser expense is great.

Ty_Boogie likes this.
  10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I have sets of both on my workbench. The chrome is indeed a two tone where the button and body are a satin gray but the post and stem are chrome. They also show wear (discoloration, etc) more rapidly. The shiny nicks will match the existing hardware and, overall, be a better match. Either is good choice but I think you'd be happier with the shiny nicks.

Riis

Ty_Boogie likes this.