1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick users, do you recommend Warwick Beeswax

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Orlonater, Jan 7, 2008.

1. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    I'm just curious ,but I have a 1998 Warwick Thumb BO with the Wenge neck and plastic nut(Weird combo? Although go me) and was wondering if I put Warwick Beeswax on it what will it do?

2. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    just follow the instructions on the tin / the internet. basically apply it, leave it dry (i left 30 minutes), then wipe it off and give it a good buff.

as long as you buff it real good, it'll restore some colour and life into the wood... it'll also make it feel a little glossier or sticker... it's not something you want to do too often, but it protects your finish over time. I always loved polishing my corvette every fortnight, it was therapeutic.

for the record, you don't have to use warwick's beeswax. any beeswax should do... I used briswax, which was £5 for a tub that lasted me well over a year before even hitting 1/4 of the way in.

try it on the back of your body first in a discrete area, and see if you like the feel. but remember, really buff it out! a little goes a long way.

3. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    ______

I know this might seem newbie ,but what do you mean by "buff"?:bag:

4. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    I don't think can reach the back of my body in a discrete area

5. fishsome

fishsome

Dec 17, 2003
    Chicagoland Area
    Also, I found on the really "worn in" spots on the wood I would apply a little more there then let it dry a bit and use a blow dryer on it. Then buff it real good. What worked for me.

6. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    I just got my first bass with a natural finish. Does this stuff build up, harden and create a real glossy finish over time or does it stay kinda waxy, sticky and wear off easily?

7. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    just get an attractive lady to help you with that one ;)

just rub it really hard with a soft cloth. think polishing your car, or drying the dishes? try going around in little circles maybe.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021