Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Vampyre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What do you think of this bass? I kinda want one, but I also want a Thumb 5 string, an Infinity, and a Dolphin. I have a serious case of G.A.S. O, and I want one of those Buzzards, to mental to be called ugly. :hyper:

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Dude, you've got too many basses even now. And for some of those you are only going after the looks. Calm down and enjoy your Thumb, rather ;)

3. I realy need a 5 string warwick though, they are my fave basses.

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    dude, is this the kid whose father pays for all his guitars?

if so, kid, be lucky you have a dad who buys you stuff, and stop taking advantage of it. for your age, and your playing level, you have waaaaaay to many basses.

just an opinion.

5. Nick, all the basses you're after are cool, for me the worst choice when it comes to looks, stly, etc, is the Vampyre, it's probably the most "pigeon holed" (best way I can think of putting it!) of all the basses you want, it screams metal in all it's various forms (not that I have a dislike for it) but if thats your bag then go for it!

Tony

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Would love to have a Dad like that - but mine doesnt like that I'm playing bass and always argues why spend even more money on it and why to buy amps, they already take up most of the space in my room...
    You're even younger than my lil' sister, and you already have 6 basses... isnt that enough?

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i own three basses. my music man, and my MIA ansd MIM p-basses. my band plays 100+ shows a year. do i have 6 basses? nope.

hell, i only really play one of them.

as for buying stuff, my family is usually supportive of my investments and yes, they do say i am an idiot for buying 40 dollar strings, or 50 dollar monster cables, but hey, thats why i work. its not like im asking them to buy mestuff.

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    You've already got two five strings. If you *really* need this bass, then trade something in to help finance the Vampyre -- I can't imagine a fifteen year old having enough gigs of varying styles that you'd need even 3 basses, let alone seven. In fact, your profile says you're only in one new band and aren't getting any gigs.

What kind of amp do you have? I mean, jeez, you've only got one!

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oh, loook, Nick and another thread about Warwicks.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Psh, at least Heath knows how to keep his gas for Kubickis in check.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    haha partying, showing off, and girls.

wow, my head just exploded.

the funnier thing tho, is when iw as 15, i played guitar, but i mowed lawns for a year before i had enough for even a ****ty guitar(fender mim strat) and when i decided to play bass, i traded that in for the crappiest bass ever. just to learn. i didnt buy another bass till i was in a band. and even then, i had a MIM p-bass.

****, my family has money, but parents buying 8 grand worth of instruments like this kid, nah.

oh, by the way, with all those expensive bass, what kind of amp to you have, and please dont tell me its a fender or crate combo. you are doing those no justice if you dont have an svt head with an ampeg 610 or 810

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I <3 spoiled children. mmp.

13. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Nick, this is what, your 4th post or so asking about "which Warwick to get". At what point did these posts go from semi-honest inquiries about basses into virtual platforms from which you can shout "I've got money"....you have 6 basses....sit down....shut up....and play.....please.....;)

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes I've heard a recording of you. Much less than impressive, especially considering the basses you have. Ive heard people with a Squier paly better. Less talk, more practice.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Whoaaaa, alright guys. Yeah, the kid's getting a wee bit annoying with the "Which one for me?" every week junk, but we're being a *wee* bit harsh.

OTOH...recording?

16. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Can't everyone see he's just trying to be a mini John Entwistle! :p

To be honest though that is a lot of basses for a 15 year old, isn't it? I'm 16 an I only have two at the minute, and i don't see no reason to buy anymore. :eyebrow:

My opinion, save your money, or your Dads for something more worth while (not saying that bass guitars aren't!) :bassist:

Andy

17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1 Fretted and fretless, happy days!

18. yeah but the difference here is John Entwistle played LOTS of shows ALL the time and became an influential bassist for just about every bottom dweller that lived. i don't see that happening here. and for the record, i've been playing ONE bass for the past year or so. I play all the time with different styles of music. I understand the need for different ones, but when you're only spending time in the bedroom.... maybe he's got a really cool mirror and changes clothes every time he switches to a new bass... The "Britney of Bass" .... hah

19. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I'm very much aboot quality over quantity. That being said, I DO have 3 basses, with two on the way...

However, they're all really different basses. I don't see the point, personally, of having 6 jazz basses, (unless you're endorsed.)

And, for the record, I do not, at all, like the Vampyre. But that's OK. If we all liked the same basses, then life'd be very boring.

20. Did I mention I'm selling 3 of my basses to get one? I mean, I can't sell my warwick, my thru neck or my fretless(but I don't really need a fretless anyway). And as fo saying I'm less than impressive, well, I met up with a guy who is in 3Days Forward, one of the best bands in my area. He said he's never seen someone do the technique where I hit the string with my thumb and then my ring finger, to get a very fast double bass drum style thuddy effect. I dunno if it's been done, but me(and most other basssists I know) ain't seen someone do it. Also, I have bought a lot of my basses, my rockbass, I paid ofr half the Spector Thru, the warwick was a birthday present, the Fender was my first real bass, and any others have been bought out of my DLA(hey, it's given to me to pay for things I want, so hell, why not spend it on basses?). My dad just feels he might aswell fuel my passion for bass playing, I pride myself on been one of the best for my age in my area, so please, shut up saying I'm crap, cuz until you can prove you are better than me, you're all talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.