Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick 'Vette Sound Samples!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Ok, I'm a really bad player, I'm 15, haven't been playing two years yet and my bass is far better than I am... But incase anyone's curious, I did some sound samples of my Warwick Corvette 4 STD... It's passive, with a bubinga body, and set me back about £400 brand new including shipping from the US.

In each of these samples, I move from the neck pickup, to the center, to the bridge pickup:

Clean Slap
    Clean Finger
    Clean Pick

These are the same as above, but I've added some EQ, compression, and in a couple of them some chorus.

FX Slap
    FX Fingerstyle
    FX Pick

This sample is just a ska bassline I wrote the other day and had handy on my PC:

Clean Ska

All samples were recorded with the tone up full, going direct into my sound card. The last sample went through my Sansamp, but all of the others just plugged into the mic input on my sound card.

Edit: Ok! Thanks guys - You need to right click and the save the files to play them, sorry!
    Oh, and here's a piccy!
    [​IMG]

2. all your links take us to this page

3. What u talking about, bad player? Thats some good stuff you got there keep it up.

Also I always love to hear a warwick. Im actually plaining on getting a fretless corvette after I figure out what Im goin to do with some money I got.(newer car or bass:confused: )

4. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    uh...yeah all of them just reload this page...

5. It works for me and im using AOL.

Something working on AOL better then something else???

6. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Right click, save...

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    They all sound pretty cool to me!

All hail the mighty WICK!

8. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    sounds great!

now, how about some visuals to go with the audio?

9. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    what pickup configuration is yours?

i'm guessing not both single coils?

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    i like it.

why is every other bassist in the universe better than me?!?!

11. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Thankyou very much for the kind words all :) Glad you enjoyed them. I've added a picture to the original post too, the 'wick on the left (obviously ;) ), the B-E-A-D Traben in the middle, and a glimpse of my FrankenJackson guitar on the right. If anyone would like more piccies just let me know!

And yup, the p'ups are both single coils! I quite like the tone from them - The overall tone of the bass is very woody. When I turn on my Sansamp, with the SVT setting it gives a much more hi-fi sound. I like it with and without the Sansamp - Without is better for funkin' it up, but when playing in my ska band I always play with it on.

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I haven't heard your clips yet, but why did you get a Warwick from the USA? Since they are German (EU) basses, couldn't you have gotten a better deal at home or heck, could you take a trip to Germany and get one at a good rate?

13. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Unfortunately not... one thing you learn about living in the UK is that people rip you off. Full stop :scowl: My local music shop were charging around £800 for the same bass... that's twice as much as I payed! Even the cheapest online shop in Britain were selling it for just over £700. It took less than 2 weeks to deliver, so for about a week more of waiting I got a bass for around half the price! That's the sad truth about the UK.