Warwick Volume Knobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hevydevy, Jun 10, 2005.

1. hevydevy

Feb 3, 2005
    Derby, UK
    This might be a stupid question, but yesterday the volume knob fell off my bass, and it won’t go back on! I play a Warwick Streamer Jazzman, (it has a volume control that can be pulled upwards to bypass the active circuitry), can anyone shed some light? Could I glue it back on?
    The volume knob on my old bass had small grooves so it could be slotted back on firmly, but this one doesn't...
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    how on earth?

Those knobs are held in place by screws!!!

Are you sure you - or somebody else, if you bought it used - did not take the screws out?
  3. hevydevy

Feb 3, 2005
    Derby, UK
    The thing is, it's not the whole thing that's come off, the volume knob sits on top of the balance control knob (which is still firmly attached) and I can't see how the volume knob could have been screwed in... it looks like a glue job but I want to make sure before I do anything to it! Any ideas?
  4. There is (or should be) a small set-screw (or a hole for one) on the side of the knob. Most likely the set screw has simply come loose, and just needs to be tightened. It is less likely, but still possible that the set screw simply became worn out. In either case, it's a simple fix that requires NO GLUE.
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    If it doesn't have a slotted set screw, it isn't Warwick.
    Knob sits on a solid shaft.

6. hevydevy

Feb 3, 2005
    Derby, UK
    Thanks for the replies everyone, sorted it now, just needed to tighten the screw with an Alan key!