1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick vs Gallien Kreuger - combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb_man, Sep 15, 2008.

1. cb_man

cb_man

Apr 16, 2007
    I'd like to know your opinions about two very different combos (the choices regard financial reasons only, used sales, so...)

I currently own a Warwick CLL (250W, 1x15'), with which I'm very happy. In the meantime I found out that an old colleague of mine has (if it hasn't been sold already) another combo that got me curious, and by the same price that I paid for the Warwick. It's a GK 200MB... this is the only reference that I got. I don't live in the same city that my friend does, we were just colleagues at University, so I don't know more informations or haven't played with it yet. It's an older model, discontinued nowadays, I guess with 200W, and not sure but I'm guessing the speaker is also a 1x15'. Does anyone know when was this model around, and what other specs can you give me about it?

I got curious because I have good references from the brand, I know that it will be in prime conditions, and the price is quite inviting.

So, two very different models, sound-wise and age-wise, so a direct somparison is not in order. Just give out your opinions, pros and cons, most proeminent sound (or other) features, etc, and I'll make my choice from there.

Thanks everyone!

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I would bet that the GK is a 1x12. Hard to say which one would sound better to your ears. Some folks love 15's, some hate it.
    That GK amp was around in the 80's and 90's, I think...