Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Wax = More likley to find Rocking horse poo in the UK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benjibass, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Benjibass

Benjibass

Mar 26, 2004
    Hi

I've been trying for ages to find some Warwick finishing wax for my Dolphin, but can't track any down in the UK. Just get distributor has changed and aint none about try again in a month :bawl:

Pointers to sites where I can find some would make me a V happy bassist. :hyper:

Cheers

2. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    use furniture wax, make sure its clear wax and its jsut as good as the warwick wax and alot cheaper, you can get it from just about any furniture shop or harwear store like homebase.

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Dana B Goods

or

Warwick themselves.....

the answers are at your fingertips.....

furniture polish..... mmmmmm not me, not mine, no way.

4. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Have you tried getting in contact with the UK distributor for Warwick?

Heres the email sales@madmusic.co.uk , they're based in London so I don't know whether this helps the situation.

Andy

5. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    its not furniture polish, furniture wax, it is exactly the same as the warwick wax. the wax is ther to protect the wood and prevent it from drying out. any wax designed for this job is perfect.

6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

Ok, good luck. :(

7. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    good luck? why? waste the extra on the warwick wax by al means, but its a branded rip off, :)

8. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    $11 is well worth the "rip off" my bass looks slammin! I use this wax once a mo. I have had the same can of wax for 2yrs!

I waste more money in toilet paper!

Dude don't put pledge on your bass!

9. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    "dude", listen to what im saying. its no polish, it is the exact same wax which you will find in your can of warwick wax. except it doesn't have "warwick" on the front and for around £5 GBP, you get a tin of it which is at least 5 times bigger than warwick tin. hence the rip off. :)

10. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

"bro" ok I got your point now as well as I did in your first post!

BE ADVISED THE THREAD STARTER ASKED FOR THE WARWICK BEES WAX! You replied with "use this instead of that". If the thread was "what can I use instead of ******" well then your "wax" would be a good suggestion.

I get your point! You use this stuff and it works great. Great good for you!

I answered his/her question. That's all.

I'm done with you......

11. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i was trying to offer an alternative as warwicks wax is hard to find in th uk. i found you to be condescending towards me as if my point was less valid. yes to be fair i did not directly answer the thread starters question but i was trying to point out an alternative which is also cheaper and far easier to get in the uk.

12. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

Oh... that all.....? Never mind.

As you know, these basses are quite expensive. As an owner of a Warwick, it's in my best intrest to find the BEST product, providing the best results. That's all. If the box said "wax from ears" well ok. It works for me. $11 for two years with at least another two years to go is a pretty good deal for me... I have to save 0.00753 of a cent per day to be able to splerge on more warwick wax in 4yrs.

1. It works great

2. It's cheap (subjective)

3. Obtainable (if you know where to go, warwickbasses.com is a good start :smug: )

I'm not trying to twist your BVDs man just sayin it like it is.

13. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    right...
    to the thread starter i hope you find something which will suit your needs. but warwick wax has always been difficult to find over here even with out the distributor problems. i think the furniture bees wax is worth looking into. and i apologise for hi jacking the thread some what.

14. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    You can get some from www.thomann.de. You need quite a big order to cover the shipping fee (about 20€ for any order) though.

But you really can use any furniture wax with same results. I have two natural finished warwicks, and any beeswax works great.

15. Benjibass

Benjibass

Mar 26, 2004
    Thanks for the pointers guy's - appreciated.

I can see where your all coming from and its always good to get a variety of opinions ;)

I have been to the Warwick site and several links from it - but was still struggling to find this specific product online.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

How often do you guys wax your Warwicks?. Thanks

17. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    About once / two months

18. It depends on the weather mainly, If you live in a place with extreme weather conditions you should do it more often, or if the weather is quite unstable. I wax it once a month and it works great.

19. lol... rocking horse poo... i like that

20. This is the way to go.
    One phone call to these guys had me a tin of Warwick wax in the post the following day.

FWIW I use it on my Warr and I like the smell :D