1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick ... where have you been all my life?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Just got a used Warwick Fortress (RockBass) and holy cow! I love it. I find there is a little buzz that I am having trouble getting out of the neck - but it may just need a nice professional set up. I honestly am shocked at how much I like it. I've been a Fender guy my whole life. I've gone to Gibson and Ric and Music Man on occasion but this was my first stab at Warwick. My current gig is an all 90s alt hard rock band, so the P/J combo seemed right. And I think of P-basses and Spectors when I think 90s, but this seems to fit right in. High gloss black. I am already thinking I need a Warwick Fretless ...

SkinCoffin, anavar, Tbone76 and 3 others like this.
  2. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    A couple pix

Attached Files:

3. in germany, i'd assume.

4. Heck yeah. My Warwick is of a higher caliber for slap/pop/tap than any other bass I have ever played.

TMARK likes this.
  5. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Warwick is a pretty 90s bass too IMO. Fishbone, Jamiroquai, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Limp Bizkit and plenty of other 90s bands had bassists using Warwicks.

SkinCoffin and Fletz like this.
  6. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Warwick :bassist:

7. Helaskold

Helaskold 100% Mediocre

Jul 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Warwicks are sick. I started with a RockBass Corvette and sold everything I had to buy a German Pro M Streamer within a few months. They make some of the most beautiful, playable basses in the industry and the tone... oh, the tone. I'm pretty loyal to Ibanez now but will almost certainly pick up another Streamer or a Fortress one of these days.

8. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    New family photo

Attached Files:

9. Big-time hell yeah, buddy! Ricks and 'Wicks are where it's at!

I just got done installing a D-tuner on my Warwick. It's my first time doing that.

10. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I need to get one too. Which one do I get?

11. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    thumb bass baby!!

2rwkheb.

i too started with a Rockbass. then got a pro series thumb, pro series corvette then i made the big leap to a German infinity NT and then got my Thumb NT5, my dream bass. The rockbass line is incredible value for money.

got a custom shop being built and my partners should arrive on the 23rd :)

12. Heck yeah, man! I am sitting here with my Thumb NT4 right now. I am not a 5 guy, but I kind of wish I was because there is a sweet NT5 on eBay right now with a Wenge neck, and the Wenge-necked basses are hard to come by in a 4. My Thumb has an Ovangkol neck. I would love to try a Wenge-necked bass to see the difference, as nobody has yet made a YouTube video or anything to show the difference.

What kind of neck does yours have?

13. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    my bass is an 05 model and had a 5 piece ovangkol neck.

i have played a few wenge necked thumbs and wenge definitely feels better (to me at least). Very smooth and somewhat textured feel to it. My custom shop order has a wenge and purple heart neck so i can report on how that feels when i get it.

the maple neck on my infinity was something to behold though. i wish i still had that bass :(

superheavydeathmetal likes this.
  14. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

huge Warwick fan here, after years of chasing finally captured my Unicorn:
    Wait till you get a feel for what a 'Wick can do. it's right here next to me while i type and watch TV.

Nice fortress, i like the PJ pickup configuration.

got it from a fellow TB'r
    SOLD - Warwick Dolphin Pro I 5 String - Stunning - Made in Germany
    8.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fad25%2Fphillippe_paradis%2FPhillippe%2520Axes%2FDolph13_zpse2ad23b0. 18.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fad25%2Fphillippe_paradis%2FPhillippe%2520Axes%2FDolph5_zps3161ade8. 8.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fad25%2Fphillippe_paradis%2FPhillippe%2520Axes%2FDolph20_zps35fa6ced.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  15. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

check these videos out before you pay someone to do a setup:
    Warwick Bass setup - YouTube
    http://www.warwick.de/warwick/data/Warwick.de/Technical PDF/Manuals/WWBassManual_en_2012_small.pdf

Tbone76 and Herrick like this.
  16. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Apr 28, 2009
    Kansas
    I've gone through a few rockbasses, and while they are nice and good value for the money, I finally got my German made thumb. It is so worth the upgrade. Everything is so much nicer than the rockbass. Leagues above them IMO.

17. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Warwicks have been a big part of my setup for a long time. Here's an old "family pic"

IMG_0786.JPG

Left to right:
    1. Corvette lined fretless 4, customized with piezo saddles and blending preamp (German)
    2. Thumb BO Broadneck 5 (German)
    3. Infinity NT/LTD 4 (German)
    4. Thumb NT 4, wenge neck (German)

Tbone76 and SkinCoffin like this.
  18. Maple neck, you say?
    [​IMG]

It's not mine. I found it here: Warwick Limited Edition Bass

Tbone76 likes this.
  19. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Warwick you say?? Some more Dolphin love....and not going anywhere.
    579ED447-9596-4D5A-9B77-15C1A90B5956_zpsg0ayldlb.

Tbone76 likes this.