1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick X-Treme 10.1, 1000 watts - breast cancer charity fund raiser

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dukeplaysbass, Mar 20, 2009.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Proceeds from the sale of this bass will go to the Julie Ann Carpenter Memorial Fund. (For those who don't know, Julie is my late wife, who passed away a month ago after a four year battle with breast cancer). See www.JulieAnnCarpenter.org for more details on what good things we're going to do with the money we collect.

This is a Warwick X-Treme 10.1 bass amp. I got it new from Warwick's US distributor as part of compensation for doing a show for them at 2006 NAMM. I did the NAMM gig with it, then an outdoor show that summer, and then it got used here and there for practice, and that's it.

Guys, this amp blows some 1000 watts at 4 ohm. Yes, you read that right: A THOUSAND WATTS.

And they are stooopid expensive, too. GC has them for $1,759 (no, that's not "list"; that's the price for the public). GC Used section has them at $1300+.

Let's start this at $1,100 shipped anywhere in the Lower 48. Not bad, about buck a watt.

I have the original box for this amp, but the manual is missing. If you can do local pickup and pay cash, I'll knock some off the price.

If you pay the asking price, I'll throw in the brand new Anvil case in the picture.

If you think my price is way out of line, let me know.

IMG_2726.
    IMG_2727.
    IMG_2728.
    IMG_2729.
    IMG_2730.

2. dukeplaysbass

bump

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Interesting! Could you describe what each of the "voicing" knobs does exactly, as well as the "EQ balance" knob? Thanks!

4. Duke,
    First let me say I'm sorry for your loss, what a terrible thing to lose someone so precious.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Secondly.. I have heard this amp and it is super-nice these amps are MEGA powerful and have tone in spades.
    If I had the money I would own this right now! esp. for the price you are asking this is a STEAL!
    *Sorry long winded bump!*

5. dukeplaysbass

No problem. I found a manual online. Here's a scan of the page that describes the controls:

2009_03_24_18_29_03pdf000.

Thanks, Krugmeister, for the kind words. This fund will do lots of good, I think.....

6. dukeplaysbass

bump

Make me an offer guys, this needs to go. You might be surprised -- I want to get more money in the Fund.

7. dukeplaysbass

bump. still available.