Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick (yes another one)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basslax, Feb 10, 2001.

1. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i had setteled on getting a warwick corvette a while ago, but would it be worth it to pay the extra for the thumb b/o?
    im starting to play lighter stuff (jazz and light rock) and would the thumb be a more..i guess mellow bass? i know there are some threads on this already but they dont fit my situation.

2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Actually..the thumb is MUCH more agressive than the Corvette. Its really cutting; its tone could be even called scathing. if you're going to play jazz and you want warwick..get a Streamer model or a Corvette Proline. something with a lighter body like flame maple.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have a Thumb Fretless which seems to be an oxymoron but it is mellow. Personally I like all of the Warwick stuff except any Streamer. Try to AB the corvette and thumb. The Corvette is passive unless you go for the top o the range one. The thumb body does take some getting used to.

Try them. Happy hunting.

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Get the Thumb, you'll be glad you did. Mine did take some getting used to at first. But if you keep playing the Thumb it will become more and more comfortable. A word of advice though, get a good strap such as the Comfort Strap. The sound is very unique and will help you stand out from the crowd.

5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ahh your going to be a very happy person when you buy that bass!It really doesnt matter too much ive played my corvette-pro for awhile know in a hard rock band!They all have this wonderfull growl to them!If you want to know what the thumb bass will sound like in a jazz thing get a dave mathews cd out!Stefan plays a thumb and a dolphin!He also plays a modulus on a few but you can tell the diff!