Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 19, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i played thumb 5 b.o to day i love the thing only if i had 1400 for it used sounded great .

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    $1400 for a used Thumb bolt on is a crime. That's pretty terrible.

I don't like the Bolt Ons. Neckthru's are much better, but they'd be awesome if they had some Bart or SD soapbars instead of the MEC J's.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    yah that is a rip off.. This guy offered me a Thumb Neckthru for $1500!

4. You can damned near get a brand new Thumb 5 B.O. for very little more than that... I got a Neckthrough used for $1280 but I have to admit that was a steal...

5. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    yeah like I just saying I love the thing yeah I would replace the pickups .I was planing on making a copy of a les claypool pool bass.but I have decided to make a copy of a warwick thumb 4 string .I going to sh>itare center and like measure all the things. I want to know were I can buy the strap locks they use. I know its use a normal strap lock. but like its like in side the body please help.i want to buy them.

6. just by a strap lock kit
    they come with that part of the strap lock
    you just have to install it yourself

7. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    Canada
    Those are recessed straplocks, and Dunlop makes those.

8. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    thank you about the strap locks ok can you help me out with the size of a 4 string thumb.sorry about spelling

9. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    what i mean by size is like i making a copy of the body when i make my next bass and i need to know like the length and all that

10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Have fun carving that body.

11. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    it be easy i bring it to my school and like i do it in the wood shop and have a kid cover for me in metal fab

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Have fun carving the body.

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    benjamin.. you said you played a Thumb 5... now.. when you play that again. look at the body from bottom up you might notice something that might not make it as EASY To carve. just look at it.. you'll see something that will make this project very hard to carve.. and good luck getting those woods :)

DM

14. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i got the wood the hard part about carvining this bass would be the back right.yah i knoe its carved all i want to know is how wide part it it the 3 sptos cause i cant find a 4 string thumb .the 3 spots are how wide at the horns how wide at the center and how wide at bottom.