Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Remington, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Remington

Remington

Nov 19, 2001
    USA, Michigan
    I was just wondering if Warwick strings were any good. I was also wondering what is the "best" brand to use

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Warwick Yellow and Black Label are nice strings. Red Labels do not quite hold up, IME (the set I used was poorly assembled and the strings' windings loosened after a while and started to buzz - however, if you change strings often this would not be an issue).

There is no such thing as a "best" brand to use. Also, each brand often has a multitude of string models and gauges. It's a jungle out there! Just pick a set you think looks interesting and try it, you don't like it, try another one next time. That's IMO the only way to come by YOUR favourite string.

My favourite so far has got to be D'Addario Slowounds, which to me has a great consistent feel and a very warm and nice ring to them. However, I have yet to try 100+ of other sets out there... the quest never ends...