Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sic_bassist, Sep 10, 2002.

1. is there anywhere to get a warwick thumb for a reasonable (cheap) price, online, or mail order catalog. i think ryknow from mudvayne brings a great jazz playing style to mudvayne.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Warwick thumb and cheap don't go together in the same SENTANCE. But they can be had for "Cheaper". Warwick thumbs are the nu-metal band CREDO Bass. they cut pretty good and hold alot of low end. But, what is your price range? that way we can tell if your thinking "warwick" or "rockbass":p

3. well the thumb is in the 3,400 range, and i only have a few hundred, since summer jobs in a small town dont mix, especially when beer is involed. so its probably a rockbass. do they make thumbs in leftys.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've seen quite a few Thumbs go used for between $700-$900 on sites like Bassgear.com and the Harmony Central classifieds (a good place to separate unappreciated gear cheaply from their owners), but a lefty would be a bit of a rarity, I'd assume.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Uh, wrong section. Please stand by for your friendly neighborhood mod. :p

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    yup, off to basses because you are talking about well, basses, not bassists

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Look on ebay. I got a thumb bolt on for $800.

8. Hey sic
    Don't sell the Rockbass Corvette models short. The necks are the familiar maple/rosewood, the body balances better than the thumb, and the models with FMT have the cut that goes with a FMT. That said, keep looking for a used bolt-on; they can be had for as little as $750 if the planets align correctly.

9. FiedelP

FiedelP

May 24, 2002
    Hamburg, Germany
    After looking at all the cheap U.S. Basses and get envy, try your luck on german ebay.
    6-string-thumb

It's about 515€ and only one day left. That's about 515$!
    Dirk

10. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    dude...there are other basses out there besides warwicks. they arent the "wow" bass that you think they are. they are damn good, but there are others that are comparable for a much, much lower price. the woods used in warwicks are what makes them on the expensive side. i own a warwick thumb 4 bolt-on, i love it, but dude, there are others out there. :cool:

11. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    How can you compare a Rockbass Corvette with a Thumb bass?!?!?!?!?!?!?

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    because hes right.

13. hey stopdrop, maybe so...but what basses are you talking about?

14. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    well hmmm...first off, the thumb costs $3,200. im positive you can find a tone that is reasonably close enough to what a thumb can put out for less.

15. I doubt it.

16. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    ok, ok. fine. nothing is like the thumb.

17. I've seen neck thru Thumbs on eBay for $900. Just have to be there at the right place at the right time.

18. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    this guys obsessed with ryknow ... basscentral.com is the best .. dont get a thumb because ryknow, cause thats a lotta cash brother...think about it.

19. don't rule out the Stingray 5.
    I can get a sound that's very similar to a Thumb on mine.