Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Mar 1, 2003.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    I was looking at a Rockbass Corvette...

I was instilling "Sinister Minister" into its fine woods, and I was loving it. I liked it better than all the basses in the store.

One problem.

No freaking position markers... I spose I could get over that, but they really do help.

Is there such thing as a warwick with position markers? Or do they sell stickers that sub as position markers?
  2. Hi

Did it not have position Markers on the edge of the neck? most Warwicks have these!
    I've never found it to be a problem, the ones on the edge of the neck being adequate!

Check out The Dolphin Pro 1 and Streamer Stage 2, they both have position markers! (Big $$$$)

3. the Streamer II have these very big ying yang position markers.. Yup..
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    as much as i love my yin-yang markers (so much that when i get my tatoo it will be a yin-yang made to look like the ss2 inlay as the ball end of a bass clef) they were absolutely unnecessary after playing for a few years on a thumb with no markers. you get used to it VERY quickly, trust me.

but if you HAVE to have them, they do dot inlays for $150, and the yin-yangs on a non ss2 for $300. (not published but i almost had them do it on an LX5 before i got my thumb)
  5. Many of the limited edition ones have had position markers. And I think the Buzzard has them, as well as the above mentioned basses. Also, old Thumbs and Streamers (pre 1990, perhaps) have tiny dots on the fingerboard face.
    Apart from that, you can order your Warwick with position markers on a custom basis, but it will probably cost a bit, and I'm not sure that it's an option for the RockBasses. I'd actually be surprised if it was.
    But then again, you won't really need them - trust me. When I got my Warwick I was used to a bass with huge position markers on the fingerboard, and I can't say that I've ever missed them (even though I miss that old bass quite a bit sometimes).