1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick's BC and WA Bass amps!

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by WarwickOfficial, Jul 21, 2012.

1. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    If you haven't had a chance to check out the new Warwick WA and BC amp line...be sure to have a look! Using much of the R&D from the famous Hellborg line, the WA heads and BC combos offer superior tone at an affordable price.

Class A circuitry, ultra-low impedance, with a new type of limiter we've designed called the Dynamic Distortion Limiter! A lot of thought went into circuit design, component layout, driver selection and cabinet design - all things not usually found in amps in this price range.

You can find many demo's of the entire line on our official YouTube Channel, such as this one of the BC300 done by Andy Irvine -

Please let me know if you've got any questions or if I can assist in any way! Thanks!

2. CruddyKills

CruddyKills

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm interested in the warwick BC80 combo, But there aren't any reviews out there. I wish I could go play through it, But none of the stores have em where I live. Some people replied to the demo on the youtube channel saying it wasn't loud at all and that is my main priority actually. To get pretty loud for rehearsals and to be able to cut through without losing the tone at high volumes ( I don't intend to gig with it).

Any feedback will be much appreciated

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The BC80 is 80 watts with a 12" speaker and 2" high-frequency horn. Although its got quite a bit of volume, it may or may not be enough to rehearse with your band, depending on your space and the size/volume of the band. There are many variables, and its difficult to give an answer, as it really depends on your situation. We recommend the BC80 as a practice amp, backstage/warmup amp, for teacher/students using both inputs on one amp, and for rehearsing at lower overall volumes. I hope this helps. Thanks!

4. CruddyKills

CruddyKills

Aug 19, 2012
    On paper, The BC seems to be the best in its range. Thank you for your quick reply!

5. mowmwbass

mowmwbass

Feb 16, 2013
    I just got the BC80 and love it.
    I heard that some (or all) of BC combo are going to be replaced with new models. I also heard that it will be a minor change from the previous models.
    I'm happy with current model but if the sound quality remain the same and lighter, I might switch to the new model.