Warwicks new bass....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Hey guys...anyone else notice their newest bass had a few name changed on their site...within a week it was called The Cruiser, then The Spyder, now The Stryker. Any ideas??

2. Differant models??? Or are the special models, like there's a Corvette, a Corvette FNA, a Corvette FNA Jazzman, etc etc etc etc etc... Warwick does tend to mix up the combo of p'ups and pre's and give the bass a different name... Usually is just a suffix though, so I'm probably wrong.

Copyright issues???

~Ryan

3. yeh, it was the same bass, but the name just changed 3 times in a week....im thinking copyright issues...

4. I think it's copyright issues... I know that Alembic made one, and I'm not sure if anyone else did, but I know Alembic did, and they most likely infringed on their name for the design... Oh well, who cares, the Alembic is no doubt better. lol.

~Ryan

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eyebrow:

Yes, you probably are :p
    I didn't see other name changes and mix-ups, have you?
    You seem to be involved in every Warwick thread, but I don't see much knowledge behind your posts...

The name changes were not within 3 weeks.
    The first one was during the planning stage, before it came out.
    The Spyder was John Entwistle's custom Alembic's name.
    The Stryker is the bass's new name.

6. Okay, I get it... I shouldn't post in anymore Warwick threads without consulting Hans Peter Wilfer first. No problem, I have the time to chat with him, and I'm sure he'd love to hear form me too.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a community web forum where people submit there thoughts, views, opinions, and other random words to add to a conversation. Not a factorium, where one wrong guess, statement, or comment gets you a rude remark.

:meh: Ryan

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Sorry if I was too rude, but you got a lot of facts wrong lately.
    Please check whether the info you post is right before you post.

8. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    He's right it did change 3 times.. i kept visiting the site and that explorer looking bass.. now known as the Stryker.. kept changing names everytime i visited it.. (the ones that 'Anarchyok' mentioned).. i was thinking what the hells going on..

9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Alembic called their Explorer-like model the "Exploiter". Quite appropriate.