Warwicks new bass....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Hey guys...anyone else notice their newest bass had a few name changed on their site...within a week it was called The Cruiser, then The Spyder, now The Stryker. Any ideas??
  2. Differant models??? Or are the special models, like there's a Corvette, a Corvette FNA, a Corvette FNA Jazzman, etc etc etc etc etc... Warwick does tend to mix up the combo of p'ups and pre's and give the bass a different name... Usually is just a suffix though, so I'm probably wrong.

Copyright issues???

3. yeh, it was the same bass, but the name just changed 3 times in a week....im thinking copyright issues...
  4. I think it's copyright issues... I know that Alembic made one, and I'm not sure if anyone else did, but I know Alembic did, and they most likely infringed on their name for the design... Oh well, who cares, the Alembic is no doubt better. lol.

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

Yes, you probably are :p
    I didn't see other name changes and mix-ups, have you?
    You seem to be involved in every Warwick thread, but I don't see much knowledge behind your posts...

The name changes were not within 3 weeks.
    The first one was during the planning stage, before it came out.
    The Spyder was John Entwistle's custom Alembic's name.
    The Stryker is the bass's new name.
  6. Okay, I get it... I shouldn't post in anymore Warwick threads without consulting Hans Peter Wilfer first. No problem, I have the time to chat with him, and I'm sure he'd love to hear form me too.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a community web forum where people submit there thoughts, views, opinions, and other random words to add to a conversation. Not a factorium, where one wrong guess, statement, or comment gets you a rude remark.

:meh: Ryan
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Sorry if I was too rude, but you got a lot of facts wrong lately.
    Please check whether the info you post is right before you post.
  8. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    He's right it did change 3 times.. i kept visiting the site and that explorer looking bass.. now known as the Stryker.. kept changing names everytime i visited it.. (the ones that 'Anarchyok' mentioned).. i was thinking what the hells going on..
  9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Alembic called their Explorer-like model the "Exploiter". Quite appropriate.