Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwicks Thumb,i need your help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Hi,am Funky Tune your friend :D i need help with suggestion on Warwicks Thumb,i think a new bass for me and i remember Bass Central have many of them used like new condition,and i say,oh well i can buy a nice semi high end bass used in nice condition,i need to know how good they are and why combination is best,and also with every day i think more and more in get a fretless, plase am very confusing but i apreciate all responses and suggestions...thanks,i love stay here.comming soon my supportimg membership. :hyper:

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    This one call my atention,and they have others Thum and Corvettes very nice at very good price.

[​IMG]

3. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I played some Corvettes in a GC once. One fretless corvette std. fiver impressed me a lot, more than all the other ones I played that day. I was expecting to fall in love with the thumbs, but I ended up not playing one, hah. The particular covette that I liked was one of the older 'wicks, and the newer ones just didn't seem to be as nice.
    As I stand now, I wouldn't buy a Warwick without playing it first, because they seem to have their own personalities. But damn, do I want to buy a Warwick!

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice,thank youam really catch by Warwicks :cool:

5. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I would strongly suggest playing one before you buy. I have a Thumb BO that is my main bass. They definitely have a sound and feel all their own. Compared to more "traditional" basses, they tend
    to be neck heavy if worn low-slung. They also have a pretty thick neck profile. It took me a little while to get used to it.

That being said, I would'nt trade my Thumb for anything. Tight, defined sound, excellent B string and good looks...