Warwicks Thumb,i need your help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Hi,am Funky Tune your friend :D i need help with suggestion on Warwicks Thumb,i think a new bass for me and i remember Bass Central have many of them used like new condition,and i say,oh well i can buy a nice semi high end bass used in nice condition,i need to know how good they are and why combination is best,and also with every day i think more and more in get a fretless, plase am very confusing but i apreciate all responses and suggestions...thanks,i love stay here.comming soon my supportimg membership. :hyper:
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    This one call my atention,and they have others Thum and Corvettes very nice at very good price.

3. Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I played some Corvettes in a GC once. One fretless corvette std. fiver impressed me a lot, more than all the other ones I played that day. I was expecting to fall in love with the thumbs, but I ended up not playing one, hah. The particular covette that I liked was one of the older 'wicks, and the newer ones just didn't seem to be as nice.
    As I stand now, I wouldn't buy a Warwick without playing it first, because they seem to have their own personalities. But damn, do I want to buy a Warwick!
  4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice,thank youam really catch by Warwicks :cool:
  5. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I would strongly suggest playing one before you buy. I have a Thumb BO that is my main bass. They definitely have a sound and feel all their own. Compared to more "traditional" basses, they tend
    to be neck heavy if worn low-slung. They also have a pretty thick neck profile. It took me a little while to get used to it.

That being said, I would'nt trade my Thumb for anything. Tight, defined sound, excellent B string and good looks...