Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwicks: Thumb vs Streamer vs Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Thumb

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Streamer

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Corvette

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. Dolphin

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. which is your preferred Warwick and why?

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    corvette. nice jazz pickups, best finishes neat body shape.

i prefer the electronics/pup config to the streamer

i prefer the body shape to the thumb

3. if you are talking abou body style I like the streamer. the streamer stage II and streamer lx are my favorite warwicks.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i would have to say the streamers...i'm on my 4th thumb (a thumb n/t 6er, and i've had two bolt neck 5ers and a n/t 4), and i've never played a corvette that i liked. don't get me wrong, i love my thumbs, but i prefer the balance of the streamers to the thumbs. also, i'm pretty sure that you can get any finish on any warwick, and the streamer lx 5 and the ssII 5 come with jazz pups like the corvette standard and proline 4's and 5's. i think jimmy earl got it right when he had a streamer stage II built a bubinga body and a bubinga/wenge neck (painted black) with soapbar pups and 26 frets...nice

5. I voted streamer cause i couldn't vote dolphin, and technicaly the streamer shape isn't a warwick design but thats only if you want to be technical.

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Voted Corvette.

I had some prejudices about "mainstream" models (Corvette, Streamer, Thumb), and a few weeks ago I saw a band live. The bass player had a 5-string Corvette Standard, plugged into an Ashdown MAG 250 w/210 cab. And his tone was deep, plain, warm... Amazing.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Corvette and Thumb are tied for me.

8. I like em all...each has its own beautiful qualities...but if anyone has a streamer std or a thumb bo they dont want ill take it for them =)

-Vince

9. For me the Streamer (SII style), Dolphin and Thumb in that order.

10. sorry about not mentioning the Dolphin at all... Mods, mind adding it in there for me?

completely slipped my mind...
    I apologize to any and all Dolphin lovers

11. Accepted, honestly i love streamers just as much i love my dolphin i just don't own one yet so my loyalty must go to the dolphin. But believe me a Stremer Jazzman 5 isn't far away.

12. I've tried many a warwick, including these models, and the only ones I've really liked are the Thumb BO 4 (I own one) and the Corvette fretless 4. It's the best damn fretless I've encountered in my... long... year :rolleyes: of bass playing.

I voted thumb, though, I'm biased.

13. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I voted thumb, for tone. But body style, I like all of them man!!

14. I own a SS1, SS2, NT Thumb 4, and a new NT Thumb 5. I like them all for different things but if I had to pick the most versatile, best feeling, best sounding and best player....the Streamer Stage 2 hands down...I don't know if it is the Afzelia wood or what it is but it just cuts through so much better and feels "better" doing it than the others.

T

15. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    absolutely the streamer. if we're just comparing body styles - it's the one that's the best body style. no neck dive, no obscene stretching.

also, the ss2 is one of the best basses ever. i will never part with mine.

16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Corvette Proline 5 in the Blue color
    Thumb BO 5 in the natural color
    Streamer Stage 2 in the natural color

3 of the best basses on earth. Out of all of them, id have to say that the Corvette gets my vote. The j pups look like nothing, but they pack a huge punch. That, and its the best looking bass outa the lot

17. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    if you mean Streamer standard or stageI then I vote Corvette, but i desperately want an SSII.

incidentally, my brother's Dolphin Pro II was stolen recently, but he got it back
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    My FNA is in the Corvette family, right?

Also, added Dolphin to the poll. No waxing, please.

19. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I own both a Streamer and a Thumb. Both are 5s and I love them both. I also owned a Fortress 5 in the past (traded it in on the Streamer), it also was a fine bass.

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    howd it get nicked? howd he get it back?