Was given a cab with no speakers...what would you do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Palomorado, Aug 4, 2004.

1. i was given a Hartke 4x10 cab with two speakers missing and two busted speakers.

i'm not a huge fan of the hartke cabs but i would love to put 4 new speakers in it.

any suggestions?
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    cabs are usually designed around the particular drivers intended for them
    i'm not a big fan of hartke either
    you might look into something cheaper to put into it so you don't end up spending a lot of money which could probably be better spent on a higher grade used cabinet that works - you might want to look into carvin 10" drivers mail order
    i've ordered their 15's before to put in cabinets with ok results
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Agreed. Parts Express's eminence speakers are practically the same as the Carvin's, at a much, much cheaper price. Carvins are just rebranded stock speakers anyway.
  4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Be sure to check the speaker specs. You need to get drivers that are good match for that cab.
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Which Hartke 4x10?

I'd suggest that you buy four Eminence Delta 10s from Dave at Avatar www.avatarspeakers.com His prices on the Eminence speakers that he uses in his complete cabinets are much, much better than anyone else.

Or...search eBay for 10s and see what's available. Dave's prices on new Deltas will probably a lot lower than what people sell used ones for on eBay...

Have fun!!!
  6. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I'd agree about the delta's but you could try deltalite 2510 drivers from eminence if you didn't mind spending that much...
  7. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I'm for checking with Dave at Avatar too. He sells Eminence speakers a lot cheaper than most othe sellers. I bought a 15" Kappa Pro LF from them and ended up saving about $60 - No $#!+

8. www.gmaudio.co.uk - They can supply good quaility Fane Acoustic Speakers used in the older Trace Models..

www.maplin.co.uk - Also have ship good quality for the money.. speakers as well...
  9. I'll cast my vote for a delta 10 at Avatar. I saved $50 on a Delta 12lf. These guys are great!
  10. put speakers in it
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'd post the cab measurements here on TB and let the cab design guys help you design an absolue killer speaker you'll keep forever.