Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Was Great Grandma really Hardcore??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by T.B. Player, Apr 18, 2003.

1. T.B. Player

T.B. Player

Aug 10, 2002
    Orange, Texas
    I just got back from my great grandmother's funeral and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and I thought I'd let ya'll in on what happened.

She was 90 and lived a good life so my family isn't in much grief. She passed away of congestive heart failure after years of different problems. We all feel better knowing she is out of the pain. God rest her soul, but I thought she'd get a kick out of what happened too.

My aunt was given a list of songs to get together by my great grandmother's request. She got online on a music downloading page and burnt a CD of the requested music. The problem is she looked only at the title and not at the artist.

Half way through the viewing, everyone is getting used to hearing the old hymnal songs. Suddenly out of no where I hear "chugga-chugga" type power chords from a death metal band and a guy screaming "Darkness falls" like its a GWAR song.

Old people are crying over the by the body and suddenly out comes death metal over the PA. The bad part is that they don't know how to turn it off and it plays all the way through that song until they figure it out.

I had to leave the building as I was in tears, not from crying but from laughing uncontrollably. I took the CD and the remaining two songs also consisted of one heavy dance club song and M.J.'s "The Way You Make Me Feel." I never knew grandma had such diverse taste. Needless to say, my aunt won't ever live this one down. :( :D :eek:

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I am going to do something like that at my funeral.

I wonder if your grandma was looking through your CD's one day, or someones elses CD's... and requested those as a joke?

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    LOL That si oen of the most hialriosu things I have ever heard. GWAR (or similar) at a funeral with old people...man..that had to be crazy...:D :eek:

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sometimes a break in tension at such events is good. Knowing that your grandmother lived such a full life might have made it easier to have something like this happened.

In some ways, this might have been a good thing for some of the people there.

5. T.B. Player

T.B. Player

Aug 10, 2002
    Orange, Texas
    I agree Jazzbo, she was the kind of person that would of thought it was funny and it did certainly break the silence. It helped ease some family tensions. I keep seeing her in my mind rocking out. It certainly makes for a good memory:)

6. [​IMG]

:D Great story, I'd hate to be your aunt though :eek: I'm sure this'll come up at the dinner table more than once. ;)

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    BUAHAHAH!

Dude.. your grandma RULED!!!!!!

Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!