Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

was invited to the ambassador's house for dinner!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    that's a first.

played the "big" show with the band from belgium (mich en scene) that took me on last week cuz their bass player couldn't come to ny at the last minute. just wanted to rant about it a little....

we did a show sunday and a show monday/ a french restaurant, and then champagne lounge - and tonight's show was in a theater on the upper west side. i was nervous, but prayed like i always do and got through an hours worth of material flawlessly. i don't know if that's ever happened before. i feel really good right now. we played to an audience of about 90, tore the house down, and were afterwards invited to the belgian ambassador's house for dinner. :eek:

they went, i gotta get up at 6am tomorrow, plus they'd be speaking french or flemish or something so i didn't go. wonder if i'll regret it???

i feel extra great because these were hands down the best musician's i've ever performed with, the music is NOTHING like i've ever played, and i fit in wonderfully with them. got along great with them all, didn't feel the least bit intimidated - just nervous because it was so different from any gig i've ever done. felt like a classical concert....

i'm done for now. i just wanted to rant cuz i feel freaking great. doing one more show tomorrow - all the gigs were paid - more than i was getting with my old cover band too. joe nerve is a happy guy tonight. :D

peace ya'll.

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Congratulations!!!