Was that you at GC Friday night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 20, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I was at the Southcenter GC Friday night from 7-8PM in the bass section. I was quietly playing a Pedulla, a Warwick, and a couple Fenders. Not all at once, I alternated between them. :D

Before I say anything more, I want to know if any other TB'ers were in that GC the same time I was?

2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I only make it down there a few times a year. It's not that far, but I'm usually only near Southcenter when I'm headed for the airport.

I used to live in Maple Valley, I visited Southcenter more often then.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, one of you off my list. :D

I'll be very interested to find out if one of "us" was in there when I was.

4. a hot chick? wicked player? twin?

oh I want to know

by the way, it wasn't me... way too far away.

btw mike, you ever get those chocolate mints? I am working now and if you remind me what they are, I can get them whe I head to TO in a few hours
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I am going to hold off to describe what I heard and saw at GC to see if someone identifies themself. I realize that there are way more people who play bass that do not post here than do, so I really doubt it was a TB'er. But just in case, I want to see if it was a TB'er. If no one comes forward soon, I'll post what I saw and heard.

I never got the candy. Here is a link with a picture: Dare Spearmint Scotch Mints. I need three bags. Let me know how much it is, and I can send you some cash to cover it.

6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wasn't me, but i'll be moving back to bremerton in a couple of months :D
  7. ...that would be a long drive...

not me.
  8. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Wasn't me, but you got me interested!
  9. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Twas I!

No, not really.
  10. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Who could it be!?!?!?!

Damn the Suspence!
  11. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    It was a projection of my spirit, all the way across the atlantic!
  12. He probably just heard someone playing higher ground
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats what i was thinking.
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No one has come forth for a couple days, time to spill the beans......

As I am experimenting quietly with a nice looking Marcus Miller Jazz through a Walkabout 12" combo, I hear some loud mouth come in the store talking about bass guitars to his completely ignorant friends and girflriend. It's the typical garbage you hear from punks who think they know everything about basses.

A few seconds later I hear something that completely blows me away.......shocked is the right word. It sounds to me like someone has picked up a bass and is slamming it on the ground repeatedly to exorcise some demons from it. It startled/scared me. He is trying to slap and pop, and he is seriously pounding on the bass like he wants to break it. It sounds like crap, but he doesn't stop. In an effort to save any more basses within his reach from this torment, I walk over and grab a really nice Warwick Thumb and rescue it to my side. He moves on to a Pedulla, and proceeds to beat it like a Neanderthal.

The volume stays at full blast, the beatings continue for another few minutes. He works over all the Stingrays on the wall, the Pedulla, and the other couple Warwicks I was not able to rescue. When he is done, his friends start telling him how awesome he is. He then mutters something about the basses being garbage, and how they need to check out another bass store.

If you are the person I am talking about....what in the world were you thinking????????????? Please learn some basic playing skills before you start pounding away on someone elses gear. Finally, you should go back and buy one of those basses you trashed that night. I checked them out after you left.

16. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Twas not I, Mike - this I assure you! If I had been there, I might have been tempted to briefly visit the drum section and return with a boom stand and rack mount stand ... and we could have proceeded to give this guy his first real bass lesson :D

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I figured that Rod. There are a few TB'ers from around here that I have met in person, or talked to alot. I knew right away it was none of them. I have my suspicions about a few others though. I have no chance now of knowing who it was if they do post here. :eek:

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh that was me.

Man, I thought I rocked. :(
  19. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I would have let loose with some real slap, and really blown him away. Some people just don't get it, though...
  20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I often feel the urge to war with people like that. (It's a bass off... check for gas leaks), but then I realize that they wouldn't get it. If they think they are good enough to be that loud, they have no idea what good is.