Was that you on Peoples Court ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by spoolie, Jan 31, 2001.

1. spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    Today (at least on my local station) on People's Court there was a bass player who wanted compensation for his stolen bass. He left it behind the bar of a local joint in NY for "safe keeping" for a "few weeks" and was "suing" the owner after it was missing. Also of note was that he was the manager and (in his words) "many other things" for a cat named "Timmy Rock" and said the club owner was mad because "Timmy" wouldn't play the club. This individual was entertainingly cheesy and all I want to know is ... was this one of you guys ? If so, send the Timmy Rock CD.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That was notduane. He's the bassist in Little Texas.

The guy was missing a holoflash, Rogue SX100B,right?
  3. spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    Thats the one, would Timmy Rock's friend play any thing else ?
  4. notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Ya' found me out pardner :( . All that crap `bout a Rob Allen, vintage Ripper,
    Ampeg B15, etc., was just a lie :oops: . Other than that Rogue I lost, I got me this
    real nice galvanized washtub-broomstick-clothesline contraption.

Gotta' tell ya' though, it shor' wuz fun hangin' out with all them honeys by the pool in our video :D .
    ( http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/hurlpnm?~bb-473645/0025068_0101_00_0002.ra )
  5. hey duane i have been playing a steel washtub for year, how is the tone of the galvanized washtub, i am looking for a tub with a little bit warmer tone. do you think the brand of closeline matters?

6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Well I tells ya', gruff-man. You is raght. That thar' galvanized tub gives a much
    warmer tone, like nickel versus steel strangs. As far as the clothesline, thar' IS a
    subtle difference. I get this special line all the way from Vienna. Them folks been makin'
    clotheslines for yar's. They gots this ROUND wire core and feels real good. Cost a little more,
    but they's worth it.

`Course now, what with the tub and the line, you gotta' promise Maw a new Maytag.

7. again ND thanks for the help :D
  8. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I'm like, soooooo wanting to get my daddy to buy me a washtub, cos I'll look sooooo cute playing it. Can I decorate it with fluffy stickers???

9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    fer sure, like totally...and OH! :eek:, tee-hee, Ah can wrap some Christmas-y lights
    `round it so's I can use it when Ah'm dancin'. And when I'm like not thumpin' on my tub,
    me `n Bessie `n cousin Earl will be out behind tha barn with Uncle Roscoe and
    his sooper-8 makin' them "funneh" moo-vies :D.