Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Was that you on Peoples Court ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by spoolie, Jan 31, 2001.

1. spoolie

spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    Today (at least on my local station) on People's Court there was a bass player who wanted compensation for his stolen bass. He left it behind the bar of a local joint in NY for "safe keeping" for a "few weeks" and was "suing" the owner after it was missing. Also of note was that he was the manager and (in his words) "many other things" for a cat named "Timmy Rock" and said the club owner was mad because "Timmy" wouldn't play the club. This individual was entertainingly cheesy and all I want to know is ... was this one of you guys ? If so, send the Timmy Rock CD.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That was notduane. He's the bassist in Little Texas.

The guy was missing a holoflash, Rogue SX100B,right?

3. spoolie

spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    Thats the one, would Timmy Rock's friend play any thing else ?

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    http://www.cartoonsounds.com/wb/knowyou.wav

[​IMG]

Ya' found me out pardner :( . All that crap `bout a Rob Allen, vintage Ripper,
    Ampeg B15, etc., was just a lie :oops: . Other than that Rogue I lost, I got me this
    real nice galvanized washtub-broomstick-clothesline contraption.

Gotta' tell ya' though, it shor' wuz fun hangin' out with all them honeys by the pool in our video :D .
    ( http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/hurlpnm?~bb-473645/0025068_0101_00_0002.ra )

5. hey duane i have been playing a steel washtub for year, how is the tone of the galvanized washtub, i am looking for a tub with a little bit warmer tone. do you think the brand of closeline matters?

6. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Well I tells ya', gruff-man. You is raght. That thar' galvanized tub gives a much
    warmer tone, like nickel versus steel strangs. As far as the clothesline, thar' IS a
    subtle difference. I get this special line all the way from Vienna. Them folks been makin'
    clotheslines for yar's. They gots this ROUND wire core and feels real good. Cost a little more,
    but they's worth it.

`Course now, what with the tub and the line, you gotta' promise Maw a new Maytag.

;)

7. again ND thanks for the help :D

8. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I'm like, soooooo wanting to get my daddy to buy me a washtub, cos I'll look sooooo cute playing it. Can I decorate it with fluffy stickers???

FATNESS FATNESS

9. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    fer sure, like totally...and OH! :eek:, tee-hee, Ah can wrap some Christmas-y lights
    `round it so's I can use it when Ah'm dancin'. And when I'm like not thumpin' on my tub,
    me `n Bessie `n cousin Earl will be out behind tha barn with Uncle Roscoe and
    his sooper-8 makin' them "funneh" moo-vies :D.