was this a good buy? Fender P 62RI w SD basslines

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remo, Dec 25, 2005.

1. remo

Jan 15, 2005
  2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    That scale measurement is definitely a mistake. 34" is standard scale on bass. As for the diameter of the neck... I don't think I've ever seen someone measure diameter for a neck. And the weight... I'm a lowly American... I only read thigns in pounds and ounces.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well the scale CANT be right... 24" is shorter than most guitars. AROUND the neck isn't a measure I've EVER seen used... we use nut width here on Earth, and 3.6 kgs is a little under 8 lbs. Little skeptical about this one, because that is a really light bass guitar.
  4. steve21

steve21 Banned

Scale is shorter than a startocaster's, doesn't know what the body is made of.

But it looks normal... maybe they just measured like, from nut to end of the fingerboard? Email the seller, 404+ points and 99% satisfaction shouldn't give weird auctions like that.
  5. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    but providing the bass is a standard size and those measurments are wrong is USD$455 a pretty good price for a CIJ 62 RI?
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's a little higher than I might have paid, but not by much. You definitely didn't get ripped off.
  7. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
  8. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I think this is a fair deal. Bass looks to be in excellent condition. Japanese Fender plus SD pickups equals happiness in my books. Give us the lowdown once it arrives.