Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

was this a good buy? Fender P 62RI w SD basslines

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remo, Dec 25, 2005.

1. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
  2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    That scale measurement is definitely a mistake. 34" is standard scale on bass. As for the diameter of the neck... I don't think I've ever seen someone measure diameter for a neck. And the weight... I'm a lowly American... I only read thigns in pounds and ounces.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well the scale CANT be right... 24" is shorter than most guitars. AROUND the neck isn't a measure I've EVER seen used... we use nut width here on Earth, and 3.6 kgs is a little under 8 lbs. Little skeptical about this one, because that is a really light bass guitar.

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

Scale is shorter than a startocaster's, doesn't know what the body is made of.

But it looks normal... maybe they just measured like, from nut to end of the fingerboard? Email the seller, 404+ points and 99% satisfaction shouldn't give weird auctions like that.

5. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    but providing the bass is a standard size and those measurments are wrong is USD$455 a pretty good price for a CIJ 62 RI?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's a little higher than I might have paid, but not by much. You definitely didn't get ripped off.

7. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
  8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I think this is a fair deal. Bass looks to be in excellent condition. Japanese Fender plus SD pickups equals happiness in my books. Give us the lowdown once it arrives.