Was this color scheme available on all Fenders?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, May 22, 2005.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I was watching Earth, Wind and Fire awhile ago and the bassist was using a white Jazz, with black pickguard, white pickup covers and the neck had pearoid inlays. It was pretty cool looking. I have never seen that combo before.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You can change the pickguard and pickup covers, so they probably weren;t stock.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I don't know about the pickguard and pickup covers, but I do know that only Jazz basses came with block inlays.

4. :cool: I thought there were some "limited" edition P-Basses made along the way with block inlays in the neck. Wasn't Duck Dunn's original P-Bass like that? I'm pretty sure his reissue models were.

5. [​IMG]Duck Dunn's Pbass;)

6. Duck Dunn, well, hes just ****in cool

(as sarcy as it sounds, i mean it, huge BB's fan ! )

7. :cool: Oh well! I guess I thought wrong! Wouldn't be the first time, probably won't be the last. I swear that I've seen some pictures of one of the great, older bassists, and his P-Bass had block inlays in the neck. Now to figure out who it was????

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Could have been a Jazz neck on a P body. Switching them's a pretty common practice with some folks. Tim C. of RATM and Audioslave switches the necks on his Jazzes with P-Bass necks.

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    There are some well-known shots of Duck with a p-bass with a j-bass neck (with blocks). Duck has stated in interviews that he didn't really care for the feel of that bass and only had it for a short period. The signature model that Fender produced was based on Duck's faithful '57 Precision, which he has been using since the Stax days.

10. sounds like a good looking jazz...anyone have any pictures?
    -Alex