Was this color scheme available on all Fenders?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, May 22, 2005.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I was watching Earth, Wind and Fire awhile ago and the bassist was using a white Jazz, with black pickguard, white pickup covers and the neck had pearoid inlays. It was pretty cool looking. I have never seen that combo before.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You can change the pickguard and pickup covers, so they probably weren;t stock.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't know about the pickguard and pickup covers, but I do know that only Jazz basses came with block inlays.
  4. :cool: I thought there were some "limited" edition P-Basses made along the way with block inlays in the neck. Wasn't Duck Dunn's original P-Bass like that? I'm pretty sure his reissue models were.
  5. Duck Dunn, well, hes just ****in cool

(as sarcy as it sounds, i mean it, huge BB's fan ! )
  6. :cool: Oh well! I guess I thought wrong! Wouldn't be the first time, probably won't be the last. I swear that I've seen some pictures of one of the great, older bassists, and his P-Bass had block inlays in the neck. Now to figure out who it was????
  7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Could have been a Jazz neck on a P body. Switching them's a pretty common practice with some folks. Tim C. of RATM and Audioslave switches the necks on his Jazzes with P-Bass necks.
  8. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    There are some well-known shots of Duck with a p-bass with a j-bass neck (with blocks). Duck has stated in interviews that he didn't really care for the feel of that bass and only had it for a short period. The signature model that Fender produced was based on Duck's faithful '57 Precision, which he has been using since the Stax days.
  9. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    sounds like a good looking jazz...anyone have any pictures?