Was your Marriage proposal answered on the spot?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 1, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For those who have poped the big question was your proposal answerd on the spot?. Thanks
  2. Yup, but we were already in the Catholic marriage classes and picked out engagement/wedding rings so it may not have been a total surprise.

3. Yes. She didn't even look at the ring before she said yes. That's a bonus.
  4. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I'm concerned why you're asking this. Did you get a "let me think about it"?

If you did, does the young lady have a deliberate and thoughtful nature? If she does, this is just an extension of her personality. Don't freak out...........

Mine said yes right away. But we were on an island and I had all the money. She was kinda trapped.
  5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Losers. I got proposed to.

6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  7. Funny thing is I never actually proposed !!

There we were single ......... and then we were married ;)
  8. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

I had the chance to propose.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.
  9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

The first thing she said after that was "is it real?"

(The 1.5 carat diamond, that is).

I'd taken her "ring shopping" with the idea of saying I was just thinking about things in the distant future. I already had bought the ring, but I had her looking at cheapo little diamond chips in the store.

It also helped to propose at the top of a mountain overlooking Lake Tahoe just before skiing on a beautiful, sunny morning. I've gotten good milage from that romantic moment for 9 years now . . .

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It dosent look like their is any Marriage plans in the cards for me but you never know which way the smoke will blow next time around ;) .
  11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    He's becoming a Catholic Priest, no marriage for him. :)
  12. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Er........ My bad.

Is is possible to blush online?
  13. Yes, but I'm a sweet love machine, so I wasn't surprised.

14. My wife and I had both been married previously. We both said that the worst experience of our lives had been getting divorced and we were never going to do that again. So we told everyone we were not getting married because that was the first step to getting divorced.

After a few years her mother developed cancer and before she died we decided that we should get married. I think I suggested it and after some discussion we decided that we had enough good and horrible experiences in our years together that we had confidence that we would stick together under extreme stress. It was the best decision we have made in our lives.
  15. The marriage proposal was instantly accepted, then we went and bought the ring.

The divorce proposal was also pretty much instant about 6.5 years later... She had started hanging with a bad crowd and got into things she shouldn't have. Oh well... Just waiting on the final court date now.
  16. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

When my husband, who was then my boyfriend, first asked me to marry him I said no!! He told me we would be living overseas because of the job he had accepted and I had no desire to leave the U.S. for parts unknown.

But as time passed and he kept trying to get me to change my mind, I fianlly agreed to marry him. Six months after we married we were assigned to Brazil. We spent the next thirty some odd years in various countries, something I never wanted to do. But what is more important...the place or the person? I chose the person. He' still here with me 37 years later.