Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wasburn Basses.... Who likes/ dislikes them.. and why!?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Punk_Princess19, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Fender

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Ibanez

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Wasburn

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Other

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. :rolleyes: Who here likes... or dislikes Wasburn guitars..I think they have good sound.. look.. and quailty.. Im new to the whole Bass thing.. but.. I still really like it!!! so tell me what u think. :confused:
    :D;) :confused:

2. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    The Bantham XB-6 was my main bass for several years. See-thru black with two J pickups, nice rosewood fingerbd with cool offset dots and very silky maple neck. Did all my practicing, rehearsing, and giging with it. Didn't use it for recording though. The preamp was crap. It could have used a nicer bridge too.
    With that said, I still loved it. Compared it to a Pedula set-up very similarly and was totally unimpressed for $1.5k extra.

T. Alan

3. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Wasburns are pretty cool. But I like fenders better, I like the sound and looks more. The only Ibanez that I like is the BTB model that think looks bad and plays pretty well too.

4. i love my washburn...i'd pick it over ibanez/fender of the same price range anyday...

5. I think I´ll buy a RB 5 string natural finish some day, but Ill remove that ugly pickguard ..

6. AllodoX is Dutch for " Ibanez " :D

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Talkbass!

I play ska/punk... (I understand you probably dislike ska)...

And I use an Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling.

I have pictures of it on my site...

www.geocities.com/cvinfestedcv/Sterling-Mark
    www.geocities.com/cvinfestedcv/Sterling-Amp

I voted "Other" because, my favorite company's simply Music Man. :)

I suggest looking into Music Man Stingray's, they seem to be a bit more expensive than what you're looking to spend, but worth every penny. A lot of people perfer 'Ray's to Sterlings... I don't...

You might consider looking into other "Super-Fender" brands also, G&L's are another company Leo started... :)

Hope that helps.

8. RichC

RichC

Sep 12, 2001
    Jackson, NJ
    Do you mean Washburn?.
    What model bass do you have?.

9. I always see Washburns in Pawn shops, there must be bad karma attached to them

10. I don't own a Washburn bass but I do own an acoustic/electric classical guitar, which is alright. I am not happy with their customer service (NONE!) . I had a few minor problems which I tried to resolve by contacting them. Never received a response. I heard similar stories from other Washburn owners. As a result, I refuse to buy another Washburn product.

11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Yeah... I played a Washburn once, my friend Sarah's boyfriend had one, he played guitar, and he wanted me to jam with him, so I did... It was ok. Certainly nothing to write home about though...

I'd much rather get a MIM Fender P or J. (or both, considering the new Zone bass.)

You can always get an MIM Fender, for cheap, and they'll sound good when you get 'em, and even better once you hook 'em up.

12. Im sorry.. my keyboard was messed up and you had to hit the "h" key hard to make it work.. but i got new keyboard.. so.. blah:( :D

13. my first bass is a washburn XB100, and it may not be the best instrument in the world, but there's a lot of love attached to it. :)

14. I just picked up a Washburn XB 102 from Mars for $148.00. I just wanted a bass that I could keep in the living room and didn't have to worry about if it got bumped or stepped on. It is a pretty nice bass for the cash. Nice finish, nice neck and doesn't mind a slapping. Little fret noise but that is about it.

15. To subject...
    I've never played a Washburn, so I'd have to say I'm a Fender man. I still have to go out one day to a Guitar Center or Mars Music and play around with different basses. :p

16. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    I had a Washburn XB500 many years ago, a 5-string - as I recall, it was not made well - the frets were uneven, and the sound was quite bad - the B string was not good at all. It was stolen from me in the end. That was my experience.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Yep, my wife left me, I lost my job, the dog don't like me...

all because of this $%^#@ bass geetar!

:)

18. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    i have a washburn xb-100 too (red) and i got to say there is alot of love attached to it cause i been playin for a few months and have played many other basses and i have to say i still like mine the best!:D

19. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    These are American made and feature ash bodies with flame/birdseye maple or Zebrawood tops and Bartolini electronics.I've seen a few used for c.$550.