Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wash DC Gigspam! Test Pattern at the Grog 3/31!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jammadave, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Hey guys - never posted a gigspam before but here 'tis...

Test Pattern, the band I'm "tentatively in" at the moment (told them I'd make a final decision later, but promised to do the gig cause they're good guys) are playing at the Grog and Tankard on Wisconsin Ave NW in DC, this Thursday night, 3/31.

We're the "headliner" so we go on from 11:00 PM - 12:15 AM or so. First band usually hits the stage at 9 or so, though I don't remember who we're playing with. Doh.

Music is a combo of originals and covers, about 50/50 split... covers are Kravitz, newer Metallica, Velvet Revolver, that kind of thing.

So, come on out and have fun, tell the guy at the door you're there for Test Pattern, and forgive *me* if I suck - haven't played on a stage in awhile. =0) I'll be the guy wangin' on the Modulus Q6... Unless of course the other bands' bassists have a modulus 6 as well... In that case I'm the short tubby one.

I'd also love to hear on the thread from anybody who comes out, how the original tunes are... I think they've got a lot of potential, albeit there's some "same-same" feel, as the same guy wrote the lion's share of the tunes. I've actually tried to inject some dynamics, a little staccato build up here, a little drop out there, I even get a very brief bass solo on a decent breakdown riff.

So, Test Pattern, Grog and Tankard, 3/31, 11PM.

Cheers!

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Cool! We played there Saturday. I won't be able to make it on 3/31. Tell Colin Down With Nova says hello.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Sorry Dave. my roommate decided to schedule his dental appointment that afternoon. he is getting his wisdom teeth yanked so i guess i have to babysit him so that he doesnt walk into traffic that evening. if i can get away though i will.