1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Washburn 925

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deepbob, Dec 21, 2001.

1. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    please enlighten me on the ins and outs of the washburn 925.

[​IMG]

this a good bass used or new?

look real segsi to me. but i know nothing.

enlighten, eulogise, praise, or lament accordingly please...

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It's a great bass. The Bartolini's sound AWESOME, the neck feels great, it comes w/alot of different tops. It's a very nice high end bass.

BUT Washburn dosen't do to much advertising. These basses list for over $1600 & I've seen alot of stores w/them (including where I work) & no customers give it any mind. These basses usually sell for around $1150 new. I've seen stores sell them on eBay "new old stock" for about $300-500. You could definitly get a GREAT DEAL on one on eBay or used.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Terrific bass with a great, smooth R&B tone, but it's a white elephant on the resale market. Its street price is rock-bottom low because, as Nino says, they don't advertise at all. My advice: buy and hold.

4. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    good news, i have a friend who just picked one up on eBay for around 500ish, so i just wanted to be sure he got a good deal.

i hear the sustain on these are for ever, and it only needs tuning like once in a lifetime. which sounds great to me.

i can't wait to get over to his place and give her a spin.

thanks again.