Washburn AB 34 & AB 35 acoustic basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Root 5, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    They look cool. How do they sound.? Are they well made?
  2. LiNk2600

Mar 4, 2007
    Yeah, I actually own two of them I love them so much! I have one natural and one sunburst. I highly recommend them over any other 5 string acoustic out there. They sound awesome plugged in too! No feedback or anything due to their unique pickup system they have. I can't say enough good things about them!
  3. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    The are very well built basses. Sadly Washburn has discontinued that line so you will need to look for one.
  4. LiNk2600

Mar 4, 2007
    If you want, I would be willing to sell my non-sunburst model. Let me know if you're interested and we'll negotiate a deal.
  5. pendaren

Jul 29, 2008
    In my mind, you'll never regret owning this particular bass. I've owned one for eight years. The sounds and quality of sounds you can acheive with this bass make up for the difficulty you'll have in certain areas.

A) it's heavy and long making it a joy to move around between gigs. Got people who won't hold doors open for you when you're moving your gear? You'll find out what i mean in a hurry.

B) I have yet to find a definitive response on what strings are available for this bass. No one seems to be able to answer this question. A long scale, five string, acoustic/electric bass is not exactly something that everyone has. Perhaps someone on here knows some details to overcome this difficulty?

This is my primary bass. I own another washburn four string electric, a rogue eight string(sorry, had to based on novelty alone) and an Epiphone Viola four string and the Ab35 is far and away the best of the bunch in sound, playability, and quality. It has spoiled me in what i expect from basses and I was very unhappy when washburn discontinued them.